From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 8:27 PM
To: logangirl87@yahoo.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1742- 517TH PRCT-MARCH 14, 2009

I haven't received much mail in recent days, but the mail from Steve Markle
Wings_Winter+1995_publish.pdf is a worthy Mail Call by it self .

Operation Dragoon Drop Zone Map, by Clark Archer

Marie-Pauline Rostagni 1944

Lt. Milton Kienlen, A Company

Happy Birthday, Col. Cross!

1944 Dec 14 - Hamburg Iowa Reporter - Howard Hensleigh in Les Arc

 Click on

Palm Springs, CA

West Coast Party

April 20-24,2009

National Reunion

Salt Lake City

July 200

Steve Markle

Here is the Winter 1995 issue of Wings;

...and the article that includes a full index of the issues that have been scanned to date;

This is a large (9.4mb) issue that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the end of WWII.

What is of particular interest is the inclusion of additional information on Leonard Mathis that was recently inquired about by his great niece in a recent mail call;

He was a member of the 1st squad of the 3rd platoon of 596. He served in the same platoon with many names that I am familiar with.... KA Johnson  (Claire's Dad), John Holbrook, Dick Bramley, Charlie Pugh, Claude Mills, Al Goodman, Manny Ventoza, Ernie Coffelt, James Small, Patrick Michaels, Don O'Neil, and Lyle Madison. There are a number of good photos of the guys on page 18.

As far as I know Johnson, Ventoza, and Madison are still around.... Holbrook, Bramley, Pugh, Goodman, Coffelt, Michaels are gone (Coffelt and Michaels also died in the war). The rest I am not sure about.

Enjoy!

-Steve-