From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 7:47 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1752- 517TH PRCT- MARCH 23, 2009

It would make things easier if all would send the link instead of downloads and stories gathered from the Internet. It saves space and time.

Reunion info:

Update on the

517th Film Project

 Dear Ben and Bob,

Here is a photo which was taken in St Cezaire on the day of its liberation by the 3rd Battalion.
It looks like there are 2 or 3 troopers in the picture.
Note the guy on the left is holding a German sniper rifle.

I am attaching the picture to this email as well as a close-up of the troopers.

It would be great if someone can recognize one of the troopers in the picture.

I was also wondering if the Michelin roadmap mentioned by Mr Frice is available on the website since
I havent been able to find it. I and a few reenactors are planning to do "the long march" and of course I was very excited
when I heard about the Michelin Map, where Cpl George Ross, recorded the travel of F Company on a day by day basis.

With kind regards, Gilles

Steve Markle
Here is the Summer 1996 issue of Wings;

...and the article that includes a full index of the issues that have been scanned to date;

In this edition, there is an interesting story by Col Dalrymple that referred to a journal that was passed on to him by Ernie Kosan on the actions of the 1st Platoon from 15 August 1944 to 27 December 1944. Since my dad was a member of this platoon, I would be very interested to know what became of this Journal. Bob.... any ideas????

Merle McMorrow
Ben:

This is just one piece of information relating to Gruwell's disappearance that Clark Archer conducted.

I have 4 or 5 other pieces relating to the same subject.

We hope you are fine.

 Merle

http://www.517prct.org/documents/gruwell_letter.jpg

http://www.517prct.org/documents/gruwell_letter.pdf

 Melanie (Davis) Hanson

Dear Claire,
This is the daughter of Gary Davis F-Co., who passed away last Oct.
I would like to donate for the cost of a "couple hundred" good will tokens or 517th pins to have on hand for the 65th Celebration  (Musee de la Liberation) this August.
When my Mom and I took my Dad back to France 10 yrs ago, they treated us like royalty and we now have a "French Family" with Mickael and Eric, curators for the Museum.
Please let Lory Curtis know to get in touch with me through mail call for the amount.
Thank you-Melanie (Davis) Hanson

Lud Gibbons

Thanks Claire~~
Marty and I want to be part of the group going to So France
this summer.  We've been talking about it for 3 1/2 years!
Please let us know the details....such as; where will the Drop Zone
be this time, how much will the tariff be, etc.  And I hope your Dad
and I land a little closer to the DZ this time!
Only 5 months to go!!!!  Yay!!!
Lud Gibbons ~~ H & I Companies