From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:39 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1753-517TH PRCT-MARCH 24,2009

Send contributions for Film Project to.
                                         Leo Dean

                                        14 Stonehenge Lane

                                        Albany, NY  12203

Reunion info:

Irma and Arnold Targnion

Dear Ben,
Thank you so much for the kind invitation to attend the reunion in Salt Lake City. We shall try to go because we miss you so, we miss all of you and your families. We are looking for informations about the fly and the schedules. As soon as possible we shall confirm our trip. We are OK and Maria too but I am afraid she is not able to do a so long fly (because of back which is sometimes very painful. Best wishes and love. Irma and Arnold
 Melanie (Davis) Hanson

Dear Claire,
This is the daughter of Gary Davis F-Co., who passed away last Oct.
I would like to donate for the cost of a "couple hundred" good will tokens or 517th pins to have on hand for the 65th Celebration  (Musee de la Liberation) this August.
When my Mom and I took my Dad back to France 10 yrs ago, they treated us like royalty and we now have a "French Family" with Mickael and Eric, curators for the Museum.
Please let Lory Curtis know to get in touch with me through mail call for the amount.
Thank you-Melanie (Davis) Hanson

Darrell Egner
My thoughts on Claire and Howard comments in the subject Mail Call.

LAPEL PINS  The first order of business is will the trip to France make.  Claire said it would take 10 - 12 persons to sign up for the trip in order to use the En France travel agent.  .Lory Curtis is paying $1.49 for the pins, not $1.30 per pin.  Our cost for 200 would be $298.  1000 would cost $1,490.  Lory has ordered 200 to sell at the Salt Lake City Reunion.  I don't have a problem with ordering 200 if the trip makes but 1000 is a bit overboard in my opinion.

BRONZE PLAQUES  Howard's idea of presenting 517 PRCT plaques to several cities in France is great.  Probably this should have been done years ago as the foreign people sure have honored us in so many ways.  Will someone step up and obtain prices, etc. on getting these made and shipped?

Having owned or run business all my working life MONEY is what makes everything happen.  I know your tired of hearing this from me. Like Claire said our treasury is in good financial shape at the moment.  Soon we will be paying out $20,000 for the 517 Movie project, probably at least $4,000 for the Thunderbolt that was mailed last Friday and other expenses.  Please note I have no idea what is in the Auxiliary treasure.

Folks both of these projects are worthy and wonderful and if we had the funds to support them I would say great, lets go.  My two year term as your President will be over in July, needless to say my goal is not to leave the incoming President with less money in the treasury then I started with.

Darrell
Egner

Wade Gilbert

Hello Ben: In Mail Call #1747, Bill Christian has a list of individuals who are planning to attend the West Coast Mini reunion My question is primarily to Bill. I didn’t notice Ernie Gilbert’s name. I can not get to his Daughter,Barbara, by E-Mail nor his son. I do hope that Ernie is Okay. Any information on Ernie would be appreciated. Best regards Ray R. Hess

Arnold Targnion

Dear friends,
I do not know how and who I have to thank. To day, I just receive the famous "Certificate of Appreciation" from the US ARMY; it is a real honor for me and I am very proud about this distinction. Trust me, we shall continue to keep the memory and honor the American soldiers who liberated us from the enemy. Our respect to you for your sacrifices for our freedom. Best regards and thank you so much. Arnold TARGNION

Johann
Hello!
I'm french and I live in southern of france, just 1 hour from the different DZ of the 517 PRCT and I have a great passion for this unit!
I go often on the website and I will be very happy to receive the Mail Call!!!
here is my email address : youyou_345@hotmail.com
thanks!
Best regards
Johann

Gilles Guignard
Hello Claire,

I have written the story of the 517th during the Battle of St Cezaire in French.

I dont know how, but the "Office du Tourisme" de St Cezaire got hold of my text and they are amazed (my text contains interviews
from Howard Hensleigh and other vets who were there on August 22nd.) nobody really knew what happened "on the American side"..

They have invited my at Easter in St Cezaire to have a chat and good meal - Im going. Now the reason Im writing this email is that they would like to
organize a ceremony in August to honor the 517th.

The liberation took place on Aug 22nd, would that meet you schedules next August ?

Would be great to have you and the vets in St Cezaire for a ceremony.

I will meet them at Easter and will get back to you with more info.

I hope you are receiving my emails ok and that you are doing fine!

Kind regards Gilles
Frank Ramos
Ben:

In behalf of my brother, Ismael Ramos, 517th PCRT (deceased)  I will
send $500.00 for the film to Leo.  I will also send a Flag that has
flown over the Pentagon for the 517th August ceremony in France in
memory of all his fellow troopers lost in France.    Please advise to
whom and what address I should send it to.

Frank Ramos

  Send to                           Leo Dean

                                        14 Stonehenge Lane

                                        Albany, NY  12203

NACE B. COHEN
DEAR BEN   PLEASE ADVISE IF 517TH IS A TAXEXEMPT  ORG.  I HAVE A  CHARITABLE FOUNDATION AND WAS CONSIDERING A CONTRIBUTION FOR THE DVD
HISTORY PROJECT.  NACE B. COHEN  S2  2ND BATTALION { D CO}  MAY 43  TILLNOV45   THANK YOU
                                                      *******
We are a non profit organization and I believe donations  are non taxable. However, I am not a lawyer. Howard, Please advise. - Ben