From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:43 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1754- 517TH PRCT- MARCH 25, 2009

Send contributions for Film Project to.
                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Reunion info:

September 28, 2007

Nearly all members of the 517th prct  should be receiving service connected compensation. All who were in combat have tinnitus (ringing in the ears ).  Automatic 10%.  Many have  PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ) 10% and up. Bronze Star and Combat Infantry Badge helps. This additional compensation is in addition to that  receive for wounds.  Contact your service organization such as DAV, Am. Legion , Veterans of Foreign Wars etc. and they will do the paper work for you.
Apply yesterday. Awards are retroactive to day of application.

The above message was taken advantage of by very few and they did receive new or increased compensation.
How would you like to receive at a minimum $123.00 per month for rest of your life retroactive to the day that you file and most could receive much more. I  guarantee it.
 I will try to make it simple.

If you were subject to shell or any enemy fire, you have Tinnitus. No one can prove that you don't period.

If you were in combat, you were never the same person after.  PTSD

You can drive a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Dear Ben, Darrell, Nance,

I am putting this in large print so all will be able to read it without bifocals.  We are a Massachusetts nonprofit corporation that has gone through the IRS red tape that makes gifts to the 517th Parachute Combat Team Association, Inc. tax deductible for the donor of the gift.  The last question the foot dragging IRS eager beaver asked me was whether we had a publication.  I sent him the next to the last issue (at that time) of the Thunderbolt with Dick Seitz picture on the front page and a glowing write up that almost did Dick justice.  When this IRS guy showed this Thunderbolt to his boss, they sent the gift deduction authorization by return mail.

While I am at it, one of the reasons we have the Auxiliary under the Association's corporate umbrella (rather than as a separate corporation) is so that gifts to the Auxiliary also can be considered tax deductible.

If any of your tax advisors raise a question about deduction of gifts to the Association, I will be happy to correspond with him/her.

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Nance B Cohen:  Good to hear from another S-2 man.  Howard Hensleigh

Lory Curtis

Ben,
   I see Melanie Hanson, daughter of Gary Davis, F Company wants to contribute to purchasing 517th lapel pins for the trip to France.  She can contact me at lcurtis@utah.gov.  Melanie thank you so much for your donation.  Hope to see you and your family in Salt Lake in July.  You and your family hosted a fantastic reunion in Portland.  It was my first reunion.  I will always remember it.

Lory V. Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

John Buchalski

    Thought I'd pass this info along to help you smile a little.
Enjoy.

Take care
JOHN..................

Recovery Payment for Disabled Vets
Week of March 23, 2009
President Obama recently signed the
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.  This act provides for
the one-time payment of $250 to individuals who get Supplemental
Security Income (SSI) or Social Security benefits and to disabled
veterans that are in receipt of VA Compensation and Pension. Disabled
veterans recovery payments will be deposited to the account on file with
VA and are expected to begin arriving sometime this summer. No action is
required on your part. For more information, please contact the federal
VA at 800-827-1000.

Darrell Egner

In Mail Call #1751 Howard Hensleigh reminded (kind way of saying he got on my duff) me that we agreed to furnish Plaques to some villages in France.  I thing it's a wonderful idea.

In the same Mail Call there was a picture of Lud Gibbons and Gene Frice and a picture of a nice looking Plaque.  Lud I also saw where you plan to go on the trip to France.  Lud or Gene did either of you have this made?  If so what is the cost for two and can they be made in time for the trip in August.  I have no idea where to start on this project so I am depending on you two to carry the ball and present something to the French people.

Thanks much,

Darrell Egner