From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:29 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1765- 517TH PRCT- APRIL 5, 2009

Hello
Send contributions for Film Project to.
                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Reunion info:

Darrell Egner

 Hi Michael

Thanks for your plug regarding the SLC Reunion in the last Mail Call.  I'll be there.  Lory, Debra and you are doing a terrific job putting this Reunion  together.  I'm looking for a great turn out as we have so much going on right now.  The following programs are in the planning stages.  Pins for the trip to Europe and your Reunion.  Plaques for the villages in Europe that we liberated.  Applying for a grant to help with our Movie Project and on and on.  On a side note the donations for the Movie project are really coming in just fine.  Thanks to all that made contributions.

I will attend the Palm Springs Reunion (they like to call this a party) and needless to say I will be talking about the National Reunion.  Helen & Hal Beddow who put on the Savannah Reunion and the girl that puts the Thunderbolt togeather will also be there.  And as always Ben Barrett and Leo Dean.  Leo and Hal plan to make a jump at Paris (sp?) air field.

Just to reinforce Mr Wells plea please plan your vacations to SLC Reunion.  It will be one you should not miss.  Lory, Debra and Michael have really working to the best.  See you there.

Darrell Egner
President 517 PRCT

Edith Miller

I just had a phone call from Ann Pugh who has a question she hopes that someone can answer.  Christine Lahti is a movie star who has won several awards.  Ann's husband, Charlie (now deceased) mentioned one time that he thought that her father was a doctor who was a paratrooper.  Subsequently, he was in charge of an amputation center somewhere in South America.  If anyone has any knowledge of Dr. Lahti Ann would be most appreciative.  He may not have been a physician in WWII.  Many thanks for any information--Edith Miller

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Karen Carpenter:  Before you have your VA hearing, make sure you are represented by a good service organization such as the DAV, the American Legion, or such.  If you do not win at the hearing level, appeal to the court in Washington.  It sounds as though you have been given a raw deal.  Howard Hensleigh

Steve Markle
Here is the Spring 1997 issue of Wings;

...and the article that includes a full index of the issues that have been scanned to date;

Included is a write-up by Brooks "Jim" Moses about his return to Europe in 1996 with his lifelong buddies from the 596, George Mitchell and Joe Senter.

Enjoy!

-Steve-

Howard Hensleigh

Ben:
A reference or synopsis of this might be worthy of mail call.  HH
Ladies and Gentlemen:                                                                                        Below is a link to what could be a very much needed benefit for some veterans.  Check it out and if you know of someone who could use this benefit and may qualify please pass it on.  Just click on the link.
  This may not apply to you direct, but if you know of anyone who could us this assistance, please pass it along.
Don

Today is Sunday, April 5, 2009

Today in
World War II History

1941 - German commandos secured docks along the Danube River in preparation for Germany’s invasion of the Balkans.

1945 - Yugoslav partisan leader Josip "Tito" Broz signed an agreement permitting "temporary entry of Soviet troops into Yugoslav territory."

Random World War II Quote

"Before us stands the last problem which must be solved and will be solved. It is the last territorial claim which I have to make in Europe, but it is the claim from which I shall not recede."
- Adolf Hitler, about storming Prague, 1939.