From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 12:32 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1788 -517TH PRCT- MAY 16, 2009

Sending out this Mail Call now to catch up on matters. Forget about font etc.

Send contributions for Film Project to.
                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Mail Handling Procedure During the Invasion of Southern France

J. MICKAEL

My dear Ben my dear friends of the 517th,

here I am, back to the life, back to your wonderfull association, after 2 very very bad years of my life...
just want to let you know that you were and are always in my mind,  i never gave up,  always try to keep the great spirit you have transmit to me thinking of you all great men of the 517th regimental combat team.

warmest regards to you all

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!!

keep in touch here is my new mail address :

anvil-dragoon@hotmail.com

(replacement of jimi-lizy@aliceadsl)

J. MICKAEL
AIRBORNE MUSEUM
LE MUY FRANCE

Morris McDowell

Bob,

I was told by Sgt Fred Harmon that Wickersham was a scout for ‘H’ Co. 1st Plt. Fred thought he was an Eskimo, and he told he too that he was killed in Korea. I guess it was not uncommon for men to transfer among the 517 units, I think Tom McAvoy did that also. Fred said Wicksham was a good soldier. Morris McDowell

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Hello Ben
Hello Rhonda and Michael,
we are not able to come for the reunion in SCL because my boss wasn't give me holidays in July. It is a very busy month for me and he can't find another person to do my job. We are so sad. I hope next year the reunion will be in June or August and we hope there will have another one.

We will be in Sospel at the period you mentioned and you are our guests to visit around Sospel with jeeps (Maginot forts, Hotel du Golf, ill 1098, etc...). We need to know which day (s) you will be in Sospel
Do you need rooms, we can book the hotel for you ?
We can invite 2 couples in our home.

We need to know how many people you will be to prepare with the mayor a reception in your honor.

We didn't receive the number of your bank to do a bank transfer but it doesn't matter we will give you our contribution in august.

Looking forward to read your answer.

Take care and give to all 517th guys and their family our best souvenir.

Patricia and Roland Orengo
Sospel, France

John Krumm

Ben,
Really appreciated reading Phil Mc Spadden's commendatory story.  Thanks to both Phil and you

Howard Hensleigh
Note to Kathy and Darrell:  Dragoon was overshadowed by Normandy and other events.  Many do not realize there was a second airborne invasion of France.  The taking of the part of France that is well known to many because of the Riviera and the Maritime Alps would interest many viewers.  It should be more than just the invasion.  We are unique in that we took many small mountain towns on the way back into Italy.  They remember us, have museums and reenact our battles.  There are young men and women there  who would help with a modern day display of events and the geography.  It looks like we have the talent.  Let's go for it.  Howard Hensleigh