From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 7:56 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1798 -517TH PRCT- MAY 31, 2009

Our prayers are with Bill Boyle.

Send contributions for Film Project to.
                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Bob Barrett

You went backwards in the numbers. This one should have been 1797.May 30. BB

Drrel Egner-President

To the Boyle family.

My prayers are with Bill and the family.  Bill you are a fighter which you proved over and over in the Big War.  With all of the 517 praying for you you will make it home to be around your loved ones.  I know Babbie will take good care of you like she has all these years.

As you commanded the 1st Battalion and I was in the 2nd Battalion I did not know you during the war but needless to say I heard about your victories.  In 1986 I was found by the 517.  Bill Lewis called me and said get your a__ up to Albany, NY for our National Reunion.  You and Babbie hosted this great Reunion and I was hooked.

With out a doubt your bravery and leadership is one of the main reasons that the 517 is still active and will continue to be for our children.  Stick around and I will make it my personal duty to send you the 517 Movie that will be shown at our 28th National Reunion in Salt Lake City.

God Bless you Sir,

Darrell Egner

Peter Jansson

The Jansson family would like to send their love and support to Col. Boyle and the entire Boyle family.  Dad always spoke in very reverent terms any time he spoke of Col. Boyle.  He was so very much impressed that Mr. Boyle never asked anything of his men that he was not prepared to do so himself.  The absolute true mark of a undeniable leader and hero.  Bert was so happy to see him in Washington in 2007.

With utmost respect and appreciation.

Peter Jansson and the entire Jansson family.
Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  What news this Mail Call has delivered!  Please tell Lory, Michael and Debra "WOW" and congratulations on the new program for Saturday. What a generous gift they have secured.  May Alan and I add to thanks to the donor that we know that they have already conveyed -- his generosity is greatly appreciated and treasured.  This may persuade Alan to come ahead of me so that he will be at the reunion in time, if my prayers for the early ending of my scheduled trial aren't granted.
    And thank you to Mary Jane for her poem.  She conveys what all of us offspring think, but she had the gift of poetry.  Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
Hunter Mcdonald
Was so sorry to hear about Col. Boyle's illness. My hopes and prayers are for complete and quick recovery.
He was a brilliant commander second to none!
Hunter Mcdonald Hdq.Co.2nd Bn.

Steve Markle
Here is the Supplemental Winter 1998 issue of Wings;

...and the article that includes a full index of the issues that have been scanned to

 Vanessa Armand

We are all praying for him.( Bill Boyle )  He is quite the fighter and I hope all the prayers help.

Vanessa Armand
Tom McAvoy

Ben I was in the hospital the other day for out patient surgery ,and a nurse had seen my Airborne cap,  She quickly said her brother had jumped into Normandy June 6th 1944   from a glider,  Isn't this a bunch of crap? i never heard of anyone jumping from a Glider into combat/??  Tom McAvoy
They do today. She may be an innocent victim-Ben