From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 7:58 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1799 -517TH PRCT- JUNE 1, 2009

Our prayers are with Bill Boyle.

Send contributions for Film Project to.
                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Mimsey Boyle Kelly
Dear Ben,

The Boyle Family would like to thank the 517th family for all  their prayers and support.  We truly appreciate your love and concern.  He is a very sick man but he is hanging in there.

Mimsey Boyle Kelly

Chris Lindner
Hi All:

I just want to say that my prayers are also with the family of Col. Bill Boyle.  I have heard so many wonderful stories about Col. Boyle and he has such a lovely family.

Chris Lindner
Bob Dalrymple
I'm on my knees at this late hour praying to our Lord to take good care of Bill . Bill , you ole dog , hang in there and don't forget the rip cord  . Bob Dalrymple

Vanessa Armand
Hello Ben,
Thank you for the updates. All my prayers are with Colonel Boyle. He is truly a fighter, but I am sure the prayers help a great deal.

As for the reunion, I would like to attend, but may be driving out to Utah as a sort of road trip.  Can you please forward the following to the Curtis brothers?: What is the cost exactly without side trips included?  At what hotel are the activities to be held/ where all the veterans are staying? As this will be the "last" large scale reunion, I would not want to miss it. I will be leaving in August to live and work in NICE, FRANCE, yes indeed! and want to see my 517th vets one more time before I go.

Concerning the film project, I know that the footage is interviews, but are photographs needed at all? I have an entire album of 517th hdqr 1st, and Co. A &B.... these include Bill Boyle, Don Fraser, Hillsdale, Keelan, Sullivan, Curtis, to name a few.  I am currently in Paris, but will return to the US in 2 weeks or so and can scan/send pictures at that time if necessary. I would love to share them. The men were helping me identify them at the last reunion.

Thank you and hope you are well,

Vanessa Armand
Bob Dalrymple
Gen Seitz's analysis of the document led me to exam some of the material from Clark Archer's hand that I have and I, too, am of the opinion that it was prepared by Clark . Clark was a stickler for detail and the doc surely is wonderfully detailed . Bob Dalrymple
Lory Curtis
Ben,
Please give our many thanks to Pat Seitz and Allan Greer from Lory, Mike, and Debi.  Your comments are just wonderful and I will make sure our benefactor gets them.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN
Lory Curtis
Ben,
We heard Colonel Boyle was in the hospital, and want him and his wonderful family know the Curtis family is praying for him.  My Dad was one of his communication men in the Headquarters Company of 1st Battalion.  My Dad loved this man, and I know it was because of the concern Colonel Boyle had for my Dad and all the men of the 1st Battalion.
My Dad remembered he and Colonel Boyle being together on December 26, 1994, around noon time when they were hit by artillery rounds.  Bud said, “On December 26th, I was stringing field telephone wire up to LTC Boyle, the Battalion Commander while conducting an offensive operation to retake Soy and Hotton.  I had spliced the wire many times that day as German artillery rounds kept blowing up the lines. At about noontime on December 26, 1944, I was stringing wire for the field telephone for Lieutenant Colonel Boyle, the First Battalion Commander, when friendly fire from the some Artillery Battalion of the 75th Infantry Division came screaming in.  Apparently grid coordinates for the intended rounds were landing short.  LTC Boyle and I hit the ground as the shell exploded with most of the shrapnel going upward and not downward.”   After the artillery rounds stopped coming in, Colonel Boyle, and Bud were shook up badly, but not hurt.  LTC Boyle asked Bud, “Curtis are you still alive?”  Bud checked himself and said, “Yes sir, I think I am.”  My Dad has remembered this experience all of his life, and most recently told us about it.  The highlight for him was meeting with Colonel Boyle at the Washington, D.C. Reunion in 2007.  This was the first time the two men had been together since that day.  God Bless Colonel Boyle.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Gina Votti
Dearest Mr. Boyle,

You have endured and been victorious over much, much worse - beyond our comprehension.

I and my family are praying for your victory in this battle.

This world is still in such great need for men with your outstanding bravery, leadership, and love.

Respectfully and gratefully yours,

Gina Votti,
daughter of Carl Votti, 1st Btn, Company B