From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 7:14 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1802 -517TH PRCT-JUNE 5,2009

Please let me know when you do not want a message posted in Mail Call because of confidentially and personal matters. I have tried to use my best judgement in the past but as time goes on it is more essential that we all know how members are doing and what the 517th  organization has plans in the works.

.Send contributions for Film Project to.
                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Miriam Boyle

Dear Ben,

Certainly Ben, I will keep you informed of my father's condition.  It is difficult to know what is really going on.  There was talk that he would return to the nursing home today but that did not happen.  He is sleeping most of the time and is not really with it.

The day after he asked that we notify you it appeared that he was going home to the Lord but he pulled through.

 I will check into that message saying "phone calls not being accepted".  My mother passed out at the hospital last Thursday and they kept her overnight for observation. These last months have taken a toll on her.

Thank you and all the others for your continuous prayers and support.

I will stay in touch.

Miriam Boyle Kelly
Babbie Boyle- Just received. 7:05 PM

Bill went back to  Wesley this afternoon.  The Doctor says he probably has not more than
six months since he gets weaker every day. He does a lot of sleeping and is a candidate for more Pneumonia or infection. He has been referred to Hospice so we shall see about that.  I spend a lot of time with him but he is not strong enough to carry on a conversation.
Best to you all,

Nolan Powell
Ben & Mark
 There was very little cost to me. The copying was done at my Credit Union. Where I have enjoyed doing volunteer work for the past 39 years. As for time & effort, I'm sure
you understand the satisfaction one feels when they can help others.

   I'll see you in SLC in July. It hard to believe this might be our last harraugh.

                                                                Nolan

PS  Hi Mark, I don't believe I've met you. I hope I have the opportunity to do so.
Dick Seitz

Reference Monk Huffman.  Monk was the operations sergeant of the 2nd Battalion and a truly outstanding trooper.  All the maps we are talking about were the work of Monk.  Dick Seitz

Nancy Fraser Armand

Dear Ben,

Keeping Colonel Boyle close to our hearts and in our prayers.

Do you have an email address for Michael Renoux?

Thanks,

Nancy Fraser Armand

Lory Curtis

Ben,
I cannot find that drawing of the 517th troopers with Melvin Biddle's picture on it.  It use to be on the 517th website.  Can you tell me where I can find that drawing, and who drew the picture, and is there anyway to get a copy of it?
Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Here is the drawing.It is on the web site on Contents page. Ben
- Commemorative drawing (pdf*)  provided by the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team at the June 2003 517th Reunion
History of the 517th Patch

Mark Landreth
Ben - Thanks for passing along my email. I appreciate it. mark

Hi Mr Powell -

Thank you for responding to my query.

As I mentioned, I'd enjoy the opportunity to take a look at the citation. If you have a copy you can spare, please send it to my house - 5105 Chambord Dr., Tallahassee, FL 32308-5905.

As an aside, this is a small world we live in! I'm glad you know the credit union difference... I've been a volunteer at my credit union (Florida Commerce) for the last dozen years and for the last 10 have worked as a lobbyist with the Florida Credit Union League.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the SLC reunion as I've got a meeting that conflicts. Hope to meet you in '10.

Be well,
mark

Frank Ramos
Ben:  I would prefer that you designate Nolan to issue it as he has the
originals as I do not have the copy as yet

A point of information for "landmark54@hotmail.com is that Dave
Christian and I are going to develop a written Congressional
Proclamation referral for the Congressional Sponsor to move the
Citation  through the Congress and the Pentagon. I would prefer not
want have any uncoordinated side effort without the 517th approval to
go forward so as to have consistency in the process and follow
throughout our attempt
to move it through the necessary "chairs" of approval or this will
effort
will get messed up real quick.  We may only get one chance for this
request during this Congressional session. .

Thanks

Frank