From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 7:59 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1807 -517TH PRCT- JUNE 12, 2009

I have and will forward all mail expressing sympathy to Bill Boyle's family for the passing of Colonel Bill Boyle .
Ben

Send contributions for Film Project to.

                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                 Salt Lake City

                                 July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Miriam Boyle Kelly
Dear Ben,

I am sorry to inform you that my father died today at 12:20.  Funeral arrangements are pending until we reach a sister in France and a sister in Spain.

Thank you and all for the prayers and support.

Miriam Boyle Kelly

Claire Giblin
Hi, Ben -

Lory and his incredible and energetic team are preparing for our next reunion: Salt Lake City net month.  I know I was late getting my registration in, but we're all looking forward to honoring our vets on their 65th anniversary!

I have also been in contact with Rob McDonald.  We are planning to screen the initial version of the film project at Salt Lake.  And by the way - I just talked to Leo Dean a day or two ago.  He did Jump #123 at sunset the other day!  Looking forward to Salt Lake!  Make your plans today - there is still time!  What are you waiting for?

Hugs and love to my favorite vets -

Claire Giblin

Merle Traver
Ben, I wonder if Gen. Seitz remembers this.

After we got off the landing craft at Civitavecchia we were attacking and Lt. Jones called Norman Wright and myself to take our bazooka and go up the road to a bridge and dig in and get ready to stop a german tank that was heading our way.
We starting digging slit trenches, we were facing opposite directions when I looked up and there were two german soldiers about four feet in front of me.  There I was with my rifle about four feet to my right.  I told Norman not to move but turn around slowly because there were two germans in front of me.  The germans asked if we were English and I said no we are Americans.  They said they were Polish and wanted to surrender and gave me their rifles.  Then they yelled to their companion who was across the road (he had his rifle trained on us in case we were going to shoot the two who were with us) and he came over to surrender.
About that time Major Seitz and Capt. Lisstner came up and said that the tank had turned off.  We took the prisoners and the bazooka back to where F Co was dug in.  Capt. Lisstner joked about who captured who.

Myrle Traver

 Howard Hensleigh

Dear Rob,

I tried unsuccessfully to review the attachments yesterday and waited to see if I could do it today with the same unsuccessful results.  Can you send it some other way?

I am hoping you can keep the cameras rolling through August and capture some of the 2009 Southern France visits, reenactments, celebrations and museum tours.

There are some things that make a unit unique, interesting and newsworthy.  Ours are that many do not know there was a second airborne invasion of France, the pushing of the Germans all the way from the jump zone back into Italy where we were on the lines for almost 100 days without relief, taking all that picturesque Riviera and Maritime Alps territory with its interesting little mountain top villages, going all the way north in the 40&8s for the "winter offensive" just in time to be thrown in to turn the bulge toward Antwerp into a bulge headed for Berlin, The First Bn. assistance in holding General Rose's 3rd Armored Division line, the 3rd Bn. retaking Manhay in the early hours of December 27, 1944 (the first territory retaken from the Nazis after the bulge hit), and the 2nd Bn. clearing the way for the 7th Armored Division to retake St. Vith.  These are the highlights with many battles in between.

You have a most interesting and challenging project and we all cheer you on in it.

Howard Hensleigh

Michou Yenokida (Gene Mars's daughter )

Thank you so much for your quick response.  I'll see Dad on Monday .  He is taking very good care of himself...altho his memory is beginning to fade.....he's healthy and TUFF!

Hope all is well w/ you.