From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:26 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1809 (I THINK ) jUNE 13, 2009
 Hello,

I have in this Mail Call tributes to Col. Bill Boyle.  I have sent some previously to his daughter , but I think that I should have all in a Mail Call.

Ben

Our sincerest sympathies to your family Miriam.

Juliana Stonis

Dear Miriam,

Please give your family our heartfelt sympathy and love.  As long as there is any remembrance of the 517th PRCT, Bill Boyle will be a larger than life part of it.  We will do our best to keep the remembrance of the outfit going into the future including reunions of those who care, and the liberty celebrations and reenactments in Southern France and Belgium.

The love of a soldier to Babbie and all your siblings,  Howard Hensleigh

Dear Boyle Family...

I am so very sorry for your loss.  Please accept my condolences from my
Family to yours.  I am very grateful for all that you and Col. Boyle have
meant to my Family for all these many years.  My prayers are with all of
you for comfort & strength.

Warm regards...TW<<
Trooper Walsh
Son of the Regimental Commander of the 517th, Maj. Gen. Louis A. Walsh
Jr., retired and deceased.

Farewell to a courageous and valiant American, truly personifying the Greatest Generation.
David Dondero

Hi Ben,
        I am very saddened by the death of Bill Boyle as I am at the death of all of my 517th heroes. He was a great man. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Washington reunion and will never forget him. I am thankful that he was on our side during WWII.
My prayers are with his family and many friends associated with the great 517th! I regret that I won't be able to attend the SLC reunion.

Son of a Buzzard,
Rick Sweet

 Mr. Bill Boyle,

This world has lost a truly great man, and we share in your grief and sorrow.
Dear Ben

Gene Mars sends his most sincere condolences.
When you have a moment, pls send me an address for the boyle family.  Thank you.

Michou Mars Yenokida
To Babbie and the Boyle family my heartfelt sympathy.  my prayers and thoughts are with during this period of great sorrow.  Our 517th has lost a great warrior, Colonel Bill Boyle, a man who gave to his comrades, his family and his country, without hesitation dedication and loyalty.  Bill Boyle was a great American, a courageous paratrooper, an outstanding combat leader, a devoted Christian and a wonderful human being. Bill served his country in an outstanding manner in war and peace.  There is no comfort in the final salute to a friend and comrade, except to know that Bill now stands at the right hand of Our Lord ready and willing to give to him that which he always gave to his family, the 517th and his country, his life.  God bless you Babbie and your wonderful family.  Dick Seitz

To the family of Mr. Bill Boyle
May you be comforted in knowing that your dear father is enjoying an eternally peaceful reunion with many of his comrades.

Mr. Boyle courageously and sacrificially led his men, including my own father, and for that we owe Mr. Boyle our very lives.

With love and prayers,

Gina Votti
daughter of the late Carl Votti, 1st Btn, Company B

Ben,

Please pass on our love and condolences to the 517th families for the loss of our great heroes.

We enjoyed meeting and getting to know all of you; and it breaks our hearts that we can't be with you this year in Salt Lake.  Vets and families, travel safely and have a great time at your reunion!

Sincerely,
Commemorative Airborne Jump Team
Ben
Our thoughts and prayers are with Bill Boyle's family.
Myrle and Betty Traver

On behalf of the entire Jansson family, my heart and condolences go to the entire Boyle family.  Our Dad always maintained what a supreme commander and human being his commanding officer was.  The biggest thrill Dad had at the Washington reunion, was to be able to see and speak with Col. Boyle.  I know he held him in the utmost highest regard.  The world has lost the greatest of the greatest generation.  With much love, the Janssons.

To the Boyle family.

Even though all the messages regarding Bill's health and all the prayers were said from all of us I was still in shock when I learned of his passing.

With all the bravery he showed and his leadership throughout his time with the 517 I always had a mind set that he could win any challenge.  The men under his command were faithful to Bill because he was a true leader and never asked his troops to do anything that he wouldn't do first.  The 517 PRCT earned many acolytes and it was due to men like Bill who led us into battle and prepared us for the War before we even got to Europe.

To the family, Bill is in a better place now and he will always be remembered as our hero.

Love,
Darrell Egner

Re:  Col. Boyle
Ben:
    We have lost a great man, a great leader, a fabulous husband and father and a wonderful friend.  Mrs. Boyle and the Boyle clan are in our thoughts and prayers.  May the Good Lord envelope them in Divine Love to help counter their sorrow.
    How grateful we are for the 517th reunions and to have had the opportunity to spend time with Col. and Mrs. Boyle at the Washington, DC reunion.  The solid bond that the men of the 517th formed fighting together continued after the war and was shared in by their spouses.  Mrs. Boyle is a great lady.  She and my mother were also friends.  If there is anything that we can do for Mrs. Boyle, we hope she knows we are here for her.
    Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

PS  Claire thank you for suggesting the re-posting of the recent article on Col. and Mrs. Boyle and Col. Boyle's pictures from the war.