From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:26 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com; jm.atlan@wanadoo.fr; surfrussell@gmail.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1816 -517TH PRCT- JUNE 21, 2009

Hello,Send contributions for Film Project to.

                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Mail Handling Procedure During the Invasion of Southern France

Anne Elliott,

Please remember and/or mention my dear husband's passing at the Salt Lake City reunion.  He attended the 2007 reunion in D.C.
His name was William T. Elliott.  He was a sergeant in the 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team and was in the Battle of the Bulge.  He was awarded the Bronze Star.  He was very young - I believe 20 years old during the Battle of the Bulge.
He passed away on May 18th this year.
He always looked forward to receiving the Newsletter and the emails from Ben517.
Thank you.
Anne Elliott, his wife.

 Jean Marc

Hello, Claire,

Nice to be in touch with you and very, very happy to read that it is still possible for you to come to Saint-Cézaire !!! It is fabulous !!!

I can now confirm you there will be a special commemoration for the village liberation by the 3/517th troopers on august, 23 1944 morning. It take place on Sunday august, 23 2009. Day to day 65 years after !!! Nearly around twelve.

After the commemoration, we’ll have a great lunch, altogether, probably on the Saint-Cézaire center place.

Of course, I can speak for our mayor, Mr Maxime Coullet, to tell you it will be an honor, for everybody here, to invite you, the veterans and theirs family for the commemoration and the lunch !

Can I ask you how many persons you plane to be here in the village ? Your father and you, Leo Dean, Ben Barrett and Hal Beddow. Five persons or several others veteran’s families members ? Do you need rooms for the night before or after Sunday, 23 ?

Really, if I can help you, please, just ask !

Friendly

Jean-Marc

Guest Book entry

Name: John D Russell
From: Gooding, Idaho
E-mail: surfrussell@gmail.com

Machine Gun Platoon, HQ 1st Battalion, 517th. This is a great website.
Thanks to all who contribute.

Jerry Wolfford

You are so right Ben. Lots of info under the misspelling of "McQuade". I see his name included in soldiers stories as being in Company "I" as well as "G".  The only troopers that I can recognize from the "G" co. photo below are troopers Goswick and Lt Hensleigh. Does anyone know if Woodrow Mcquaid is present in this "G" Co photo?. Also Colo, Staat and Stanford, all kia's. Thanks for any help.  J Wofford....."Nephew of a Buzzard"
 Paul Abbene
Ben,
I  have thanked you before but I believe I should thank you again.  It was through you and the 517th website that I found and contacted my cousin, Colonel William J. "Wild Bill" Boyle. Since that time in fall of 2006 I have enjoyed a loyal friendship with Bill.  I have celebrated, prayed, and wept with his family...my family.
 In Washington D.C. Bill  introduced me to this country's finest people the 517th PRCT.  My life has been vastly enriched and I am a better man for knowing Bill.
 At Babbie's request and with great pride I served as a pall bearer alongside family and friends of Colonel Bill Boyle.
Although Colonel Bill is gone he leaves me with all these gifts. These are the gifts in life that you can never fully repay but one must try. I will.
Had I not been connected to Bill I may never have experienced all the rewards of knowing the man.  It was a simple e-mail  a few years ago but like a stone tossed in the ocean  the ripples are ever expanding .  Thank you Ben.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to you and all the 517th.  See you in Salt Lake.
- Paul V. Abbene