From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 7:04 PM
To: jm.atlan@wanadoo.fr
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1817 -517TH PRCT - JUNE 22, 2009

 Send contributions for Film Project to.

                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Mail Handling Procedure During the Invasion of Southern France

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Ann Elliot:   As you know, your husband was a very young platoon sergeant in B Co. through most of the roughest combat.  One of my closest life long friends going back to 1939, Russ Miller, was the platoon leader of that platoon.  Although you probably have heard as much directly from Russ, I want you and your family to know that every time I have talked to Russ since the war, he has spoken highly of Bill as a very young, very competent platoon sergeant who went on into ROTC at Ohio State and became cadet colonel with the opportunity of a regular army commission.  Our highest airborne regards and condolences,  Howard Hensleigh
 Don Gentry

Hello John, My cousin, Richard Baysinger-B Company, and I are driving through Twin Falls enroute to the Reunion in Salt Lake City. We will be spending the night in that area on the 8th of July. Have you considered going to the Reunion? This will be the last big national level gathering and is very special.

Your post is in this MailCall edition. Send a note to
Ben517@aol.com and request you be added to this service. All back issues are available in the 'Archives'.

Give me a call if you like. If I don't answer, leave your number on the machine and I'll call you back.

Don Gentry
East Wenatchee, WA
509-884-2245

Lou and Joyce Scaringi

Ben,  We will not be able to make the trip to Salt Lake City due to health issues, but we are now aiming our sights on Florida for the January Mini.  We are excited for you  and the rest of those who are going to France in August to represent us at the 65th Anniversary of our Southern France Campaign.  Have fun!!!
                                                               Lou and Joyce Scaringi

Jean Marc
Hello, Claire,

To your question :

About how long does it take to drive from Draguinan to St. Cezaire?

Draguignan is 57 kilometers (35 milles) far from Saint-Cézaire sur Siagne but it is with a little road, sometime straight, but often with lot of turns ! On ViaMichelin site web, below, they said one hour but I think it may be more. Probably near 1h15 or 1h30.

To your question :

We may need help with hotel rooms

It is with pleasure ! For that, of course, I can not decide for myself and must ask with Mrs Playoust and our major, Mr Coullet. I will told you as soon as possible what we can do.
How many nights do you stay at Saint-Cézaire ? The night Saturday 22 to Sunday 23, the night 23 to 24 or both nights ?

Attending the event, for now :

-You
-Your father, Alan Johnson
-Mr Leo Dean

- Mr Ben barrett
- Mr Barrett's daughter

-Gene Frice
- Mr Frice's daughter

-Mr Hal Beddow
-Mrs Beddow

As you ask for, I had include Mrs Ben Barrett on emails.

Very nice to have you in touch !!!!!

Best regards

Jean-Marc
Subj: 04.01.2003.ceremonies