From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:23 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1820- 517TH PRCT- JUNE 26, 2009

Send contributions for Film Project to.

                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Mail Handling Procedure During the Invasion of Southern France

Helen Beddow

I am sure that some of you are wondering about the T'bolt Summer Issue 2009.  Both Claire and I had pretty hectic work schedules at the end of the school year.  My school year (in Georgia) ended May 26th and Claire's school year (in NJ) ends this week.  The decision was made to combine the Palm Springs Reunion and the Salt Lake City Reunion.  It will be a somewhat larger issue, but it will be more cost effective in the long run to combine the two issues.  We hope that you will enjoy the combined issue and we hope to have it out as soon as possible after Salt Lake City.  We just wanted to let you know that we have not deserted you.

After our trip to France, we will have an issue out with many pictures and stories for all of you. I am sure that trip will be very exciting and we will have so much for that particular issue.

Hal and I are looking forward to seeing everyone in Salt Lake City.

George Ross

Hi Ben and Ray
I received a call this evening from Sharon Callman, the daughter of Paul and Violet Brazie.  She informed me that her mother had passed away peacefully this morning after a lengthy bout with lung cancer.

She asked me to relay the following message to their friends in the 517th.
If you would pass this on for me into the email I'd be very grateful.

Violet will be laid to rest this coming Saturday, next to Paul the love of her life.
she is currently @ the Cochran Funeral Home, Blairsville, GA. 30512

There will be a graveside service July 6th @ Woodlawn Memorial
 SC @ 11 am.

Greenville is where Paul and Violet grew up and apparently met in 1st grade!

This Sunday would have been their 67th Wedding Anniversary!

Memorials can be sent to the American Cancer Society.

Sherry Callman can be reached @ 716-745-8658 (home) or 706-994-4253 (cell)

Respectfully

George Ross

Hi Ben

Over the past few weeks I've read the reports of several of the 517 members and I'd like to Take a moment to extend,  our Prayers and Condolences to; The Elliot Family, The Boyle Family, the Wright Family and The Callman (Brazie) Family!

Sincerely,
The George Ross Family
 Dick Seitz

Reference the question concerning the jump suit.  The suit was designed by General, then Captain Bill Yorbrough and was first issued to the 82 and 101 Divisions in 1943if my  memory is correct.

I would like to receive mail call on behalf of my granddad, Woodie E. Kennamer, 517th D Company.

Thanks.

Lory Curtis

Ben,
   I have two questions for our 517th Troopers.
1. Does anyone remember during the combat jump, jumping with or serving with British soldiers or paratroopers?  I met with a daughter of a British Paratrooper in Le Muy France in 2004, who she said her father made the jump into France.
2. When you made your combat jump did you have to wear "Mae West"  life jackets?  I dont remember anyone saying you had life jackets on.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN