From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 4:29 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1826 -517TH PRCT - JULY 4, 2009

 Send contributions for Film Project to.

                                         Leo Dean

Update on the                  14 Stonehenge Lane

517th Film Project            Albany, NY  12203

Click on                               National Reunion

                                             Salt Lake City

                                             July 9-13, 2009

Recent website additions:

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Pvt. Richard L. Lynam, H Company, KIA

Operation Dragoon After Action Reports

Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:06 AM

Dear YOU Both,

Hope this mail will find you pretty good, just want to forward to you and maybe to Sidney Felber family if possible our sincere condolences, we share with Sidney some good time at many reunions and please forward this lovely photo have done on DC reunion with my son Adrien.
warmest regards and big hug to you both,
Mickael
from Mickael & Eric,
AIRBORNE MUSEUM LE MUY FRANCE

Lory Curtis

Ben,

Please extend my many thanks to Lou Scaring and Don Gentry about British Paratroopers.  You guys are the best!

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st Bn

 Darrell Egner

Ben

I received word from Joe Quade, 17th AB that Charles Zamorski passed away on May 9, 2009.  He was a Sgt. in the 517 PRCT. No word on what company he was in.  You probably have this information.  He was 86 years old.

Darrell
                                               **************
Charles Zamorski was a member of I Co. - Ben
 Scott Ramsey

My Name is Old Glory

In Memory of Those Who Died and Suffered on 9/11/01
I am the flag of the United States of America . . . My name is Old Glory.

I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.  I stand watch in America's halls of justice.  I fly majestically over great institutes of learning.  I stand guard with the greatest military power in the world.

Look up!  And see me!

I stand for peace, honor, truth, and justice . . .  I stand for freedom . . . I am confident . . . I am arrogant . . . I am proud.

When I am flown with my fellow banners . . . My head is a little higher . . . My colors a little truer.  I bow to no one.

I am recognized all over the world.  I am worshipped . . . I am saluted . . . I am respected . . . I am revered . . . I am loved . . . And I am feared.

I have fought every battle of every war for more than 200 years . . . Gettysburg, Shilo, Appomatox, San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome, the beaches of Normandy, the deserts of Africa, the cane fields of the Philippines, the rice paddies and jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Guadalcanal New Britain, Peleliu, and many more islands.

And a score of places long forgotten by all but those who were with me.
I was there.

I led my soldiers . . . I followed them . . . I watched over them . . . They loved me.

I was on a small hill in Iwo Jima.
I was dirty, battle-worn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me, and I was proud.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I have helped set free.
It does not hurt, for I am invincible.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my country, and when it is by those with whom I have served in battle - it hurts.  But I shall overcome - for I am strong.

I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stand watch over the uncharted new frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon.  I have been a silent witness to all of America's finest hours.

But my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips to be used for bandages for my wounded comrades on the field of battle . . . When I fly at half mast to honor my soldiers . . . And when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving mother at the graveside of her fallen son.

I am proud.
My name is Old Glory.
Dear God - Long may I wave.

By Howard Schnauber (Copyright © 1994 All Rights Reserved)

--
Scott Ramsey
WWII Interviews & looking for WWII Items