From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:15 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1841 -517TH PRCT- JULY 24, 2009

Last Mail Call should have been N0. 1840, July 23, 2009.

  Please send Links instead of Downloads when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Ben

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,Albany 12203

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Cecil Doty

Happy Birthday Ben.    Isn't it great to be 91?   I was 91 last Sept.

It sound like you had another great Reunion  I'm sorry was unable to
make it, and I'm sure I won't be able to make the  next one. because I
can't leave Arlene alone. I was gone for twenty-fours this Weekend and
when I got home she was pretty upset

Now I'll tell you what I did this weekend .  Do you remember the
Airborne Unit that posted Colors at our Reunion in Oklahoma City about
five years ago?  I was invited to come to their training school in
Southwest Okla. and watch their training. and a Parachute Drop.  I was
able to be in  the Old C 47 on the first  Drop.  The commands were the
same as  we used,  Stand up,  Hook up,  Check Equipment, Sound off.
Stand in the Door.  The only thing wrong was the space between the
Jumpers, causing a slow exit.   They use a 35 foot Parachute  with
steering panel where we used a 28 foot chute   I was at the Drop zone on
the second drop.  Those Chutes sure looked big coming down.  I believed
they all made a standing up landing.

I was up long after midnight answering questions and showing my
pictures.  They presented me with their  Jump Jacket with their and  our
insignia.     While have lunch in  their mess hall I noticed a picture
panted by Gonzales of the 460 of one of  one their guns.  It had been at
Camp Toccoa,

This was a fun weekend

Cecil H. Doty

Tim Curtis

Ben,
What a great picture of you and Trevor from two of my favorite people at the reunion. It was my honor to be with so many great Americans from the 517th and have them share their stories with me. Stay well Ben, and I'm glad to hear Gene Frice is giving them hell in Germany. Until the next time!
Tim Curtis