From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2009 12:07 AM
To: Ben517@aol.com; rwd@chartermi.net
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1842 - 517TH PRCT -JULY 25, 2009

I really didn't have enough information to send out a Mail Call tonight, but our friends Pat and Allan returned from I am sure a well earned vacation.
All is well.

Please send Links instead of Downloads when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Ben

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,Albany 12203

St. Cezaire and

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Ben:  we have been on vacation and just returned this evening. Am trying to read as fast as I can!

Dearest Ben:
    It is our pleasure to read them and how you produce the volume that you do never ceases to amaze us.  The reunion was the beginning of our vacation (we haven't had one in almost two years, so we collapsed for four days in Whistler, BC, Canada, then hooked up with a tour out of Vancouver by train to Jasper, two days there, then to  Lake Louise for a day, then to Banff for two days and two days in Calgary).  Between being with everyone at the reunion and the beauty of the Rockies, we are re-energized.
    What a great reunion it was.  Lory Curtis and his committee, Mike Wells and Debi, were amazing. I have worked on portions of events like they put on, it is very hard work.  But what a fabulous gathering.  Claire is right, each reunion is amazingly somehow even better that than the fabulous one before.
    The special treasure from the reunions is to have had the privilege to get to know you and this time to get to know your kids, especially Bob, and to put a human being with the people on the email.
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Pat seitz and Allan Greer

Ben:  Thanks for sharing this.  You all are our heroes and we are so blessed to have the opportunity to spend time with you and the other men of the 517th.  So we are doubly blessed -- first because of your service to protecting our freedoms and that of the world, and second, because you all are the wonderful individuals that you are and that we have had the opportunity to spend time with you.
    Am so glad the 517th film was made.  Is there anyway that we can ensure that the group that is organizing the August 5th celebration of the southern invasion of France can be told about the film before August 5th?  I think they would like to be aware that it exists beforehand, though it might be too late. Never hurts to ask.
    Do you have Rob and Mary Lloyd's email address or snail mail address?  I would like to write and thank them not only for the outstanding film that they have put together, but also for the special "Wedding Story."  Words can't express how they have touched us so movingly.