From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:23 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1846 -517TH PRCT- JULY 29, 2009

Thanks to all for Birthday greetings. I hope you can send them for many more years.

Please send Links instead of Downloads when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

All information in past Mail Calls or the Web site about you or anyone can be located by clicking on

 Search this site

 Just place name or event in box.

 Search this site

 is on contents page on the website.

 Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,Albany 12203

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Tim Curtis

Ben,
Loved those recollections from Maria Gaspar. They are especially meaningful since my wife and I spent time in Maria's home last May. Maria, Irma and Arnold are wonderful 517th friend's in the Ardennes. Keep those stories coming! Also thanks to John Russell from Hdq. 1st for sitting down with me and sharing memories about my father in Belgium. You guys were all asked to do so much as kids. You will always be heroes to me. Please let Merle know as long as I'm a school teacher, the kids in my school will sure as heck know about the 517th.
Tim Curtis
Son of H.L. "Bud" Curtis Hdq. 1st

Dennis Sura

Does anyone know who Manfred Seberger is in Ceil Doty's picture from Italy?  He was a friend of my dad Michael Sura and I believe he was from New York State.

Dennis Sura

Helen Beddow

Merle's idea of pen-pals with the younger children is a great idea!  I think we need to expand on that idea and see what happens.

The Thunderbolt is at the printer, and hopefully will be in the Post Office by Friday.  I have many, many pictures in this edition, and it may be that I will have to take some out and put them in the next Thunderbolt.  It all comes down to how many pages we will have when I proof the T'bolt.  So, what I am saying to you, if you aren't in this T'bolt, you will certainly be in the next one.

I just talked with Lory Curtis this morning, and again, what a great job the "Salt Lake City hosts" did for our 517th vets and their families.  We have many wonderful memories!

Two weeks from today, we will be in France.  I am so excited about seeing France and even better, seeing it with our friends that we have made by going to the 517th Reunions.   Life is good.