From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:46 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com; EDLINK74@aol.com; slvbarrett@cox.net
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1869 - 517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER 11. 2009

Received phone calls from Russ Miller and John Pastalenic today,

We will let all know when the 517th film is available.

This Mail Call contains many links to photos. Photos don't lie and can tell the story of our trip to Belgium and France better than I can.

 Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

 Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

More photos from Europe trip 2009 - Parts 5 and 6

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

Karen A Goodlet

I would like to keep receiving Mail Calls as History is of the utmost importance to me.  My husband and I own Park Place Restaurant at the entrance of Chickamauga Battlefield, the Nation's largest and oldest Military Park.  My name is Karen Adams Goodlet.  My Mother was Mary Frances Eidson, married to Layton Pippin.  What a love story and a tragedy.  I knew Layton's mother very well.  Although Layton was not my Father, I respected my mother's feelings for him.  My Father was Raymond Jeremiah Adams. Very well respected also. He served in World War II.  You can see why this is so important to me. Thank you for all you do
Sincerely,
Karen A. Goodlet
P. O. Box 156
Rock Spring, Ga. 30739
Chairman, Fort Oglethorpe Downtown Development Authority
kagft@aol.com
kgoodlet@comcast.net

Photos in Church St. Jacques of Layton Pippin and Richard Lyman who, along with Corwin C. Clark, all of H Company,

were killed in Bergeval on Jan 5, 1945

 Howard Hensleigh

snopes.com: Romanian Editorial on America

Part 4a - more from Le Muy (from Philippe Cornier)   Excellent

Patricia and Roland

Vous êtes invité à voir l'album photo de Patricia et Roland intitulé : Diorama Libération de Sospel 28 octobre 1944 par Manu Domingues
http://picasaweb.google.fr/lh/sredir?uname=orengosospel&target=ALBUM&id=5380134192558317713&authkey=Gv1sRgCOnkhMOAseXMzAE&feat=email
Diorama Libération de Sospel 28 octobre 1944 par Manu Domingues
Sospel -
de Patricia et Roland
Manu a réalisé ce diorama sur la scène photographiée le 28 octobre 1944 quand les premiers soldats américains, aidés par Emile Laveder, sont entrés dans Sospel. Manu Dominguez made this diorama copied on the scene photographed October 28, 1944 when the first American soldiers, assisted by Emile Laveder, entered Sospel.
.Ben
below a link for mail call about pictures of diorama.

Patricia and Roland Orengo
Sospel, France

http://picasaweb.google.fr/orengosospel/DioramaLiberationDeSospel28Octobre1944ParManuDomingues

Gilles Guignard
If you want to add this video to my Le Muy gallery...

Caption:

Platoon Leader Lt Lud Gibbons receives the French "Legion d'Honneur"

Notice Lud's different  reaction to the male and female presenters. - Ben

Kind regards, Gilles

Another link to a nice video which you might want to put in my St Cezaire gallery:

Kind regards,

Gilles