From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:00 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com; travisawatts@yahoo.com; r.margetts@optusnet.com.au; gregnegro@hotmail.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1871 - 517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER 13, 2009

We will let all know when the 517th film is available.

This Mail Call contains many links to photos. Photos don't lie and can tell the story of our trip to Belgium and France better than I can.

 Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

 Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

More photos from Europe trip 2009 - Parts 5 and 6

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

517th PRCT President and First Lady

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Jonathan Margetts:  I think our inclusion in the 13th Division bothered us more than it did them.  They did not hesitate to deny awards for bravery in combat and to screw up our promotions recommended in combat until the freeze order denied them permanently.   Howard Hensleigh

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben,

I have something to say about the 13th airborne and since I am only a daughter of one of the members of thr 517th you may not want to post this and that is fine with me.

I asked a question regarding the involvement of the 13th Airborne at the end of thee war during the occoupation of Germany about 6 or 7 years ago and boy did I start a
mess on Mail Call.  It is my understanding that the 13th never saw combat and the officers of the 13th did want to give any of the men that were up for awards or commendations from the 517th anything they were entitled to and a lot of paper work was unfortunately missing regarding many things the men if

the 517th did.  Therefore that was one of the reasons for the dislike the men had when they were attached to the 13th.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks,
Chris Lindner
Nate Rubenstein's daughter
Mary Jane Hanron
Ben, this is really beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes! Enjoy!

MJ

This may bring tears to your eyes and cold chill all over!

This is beautiful!!!!!!!!  With football season starting

Now, that's my kind of anthem rendition I'd take 100% of the time

 As football season approaches, there will be many variations, but this is the real deal.

 This is beautiful, as the anthem was written not like some pop singer trying to "stylize" it.

Just click on the red line below.  Turn the speakers all the way up and enjoy

And this my friends is the way it should be sung..........

Travis Watts

 Hi Ben, my name is Travis and i was wondering if i could be added to mail call. I'm a U.S. Paratrooper who recently returned from a 15 month tour in Iraq. Im stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. My great uncle was PFC William J. Eckart of 3rd Battalion I company 517th. It would really mean a lot to me if you could add me as I'm only the second Paratrooper in the family and to be that much closer to a man who was part of the greatest outfit in the entire military's history would be awesome. Thank you so much!
Travis Watts

Pascal Martini
Hello Ben,

Some links from photos to 65th anniversary of the liberation of Le Muy France :

http://picasaweb.google.com/theokev/16082009ParadeVehiculesMilitairesEtDefile?feat=directlink  Parade of Military vehicles and Soldiers in uniforms of time,

Sincerely

Pascal Martini
Charency-Vezin ( France )

Patricia and Roland

On 23th of September we welcome Vanessa Armand, grand-daughter of Don Fraser. she will stay in France for 8 months to be an assistant professor in Lorgues (near Le Muy).

Patricia and Roland

Gregory NEGRO

Dear 517th friends,

i would like to know if anybody will remember a 517th PFC named J.Wilson, i recently pick up this "beautiful" helmet from someone who had found it in a farm near  Le Muy a while ago.

please see some photos attached

cheers

Gregory NEGRO

Today in History

1899: Henry Bliss dies in first auto accident

Henry H. Bliss, a New York real estate broker, fell unconscious today after he was struck by a taxi cab while exiting his street car. He died the following morning. He is considered the first in American history to die from an auto accident.