From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:46 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com; fcthompson@gmail.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1881 - 517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,Albany 12203

More photos from Europe trip 2009 - Parts 5 and 6

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

Peter Jansson

Hi Mr. Barrett:  You, and your family, among all the others, in June of 2007, in Washington, D.C., will forever be at the thanks of the Jansson family.  It was wonderful, reading about your recent trip.  Please extend a true Jansson family hug, to all the Barrett's, and all of the 517th and families.  Say a hi to Trooper Walsh, the Kanes, Clair, and everyone at the 517th.  You are all in our debt, for giving Dad, what George and I think, was the one truly happy time of Dad's life, after his accident in Dec. 2006, until his passing in April of 2009.  We also lost, brother Paul,   (on what would have been Dad's 88th birthday, on July5th)   who stayed home to take care of Alzheimer ridden Mom, while we were able to meet--in George's and my mind, truly, the greatest of the greatest generation back at the great re-union in 2007..  Pete.

My dear Mr. Barrett:  I loved your little puzzle--it intrigued me to no end.  One thing though---my answer, no matter how hard I tried to follow its rules---was Bertil G. Jansson of B Co.--not to slight any of the other answers--it is just that he always has been, and always will be, our truest hero.  With much love to all of the 517th, and their families,  Pete Jansson and family.

Robby Scruggs

Hey Ben, sorry haven't been keeping up with the 517th lately but this was in our local newspaper yesterday for Joe Bail..

thanks robby

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2009/09/25/news/doc4abc3e90769c7741203437.txt

Randy Coleman
Bill Christian-  Correction-  Try: www.thebattlezone.com for the 517 patches.
Try: www.cafeexpress.com for the patches?

 Randy Coleman

Franklin Thompson

I have recently entered two inquiries about my Uncle Raymond F. Thompson.
The Raymond F. Thompson that was in the 517th, 3rd Btn., H Company,I have
found out, is not my uncle. However, in reading some other entries, I was
able to help someone find out under what circumstances his best friend as a
boy died.

So my research on my Uncle Ray, that led me, incorrectly, to the 517th, was
not in vain.

Full Episode: Battle of the Bulge (Featuring Bob Cooper  D Co.)