From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 7:54 PM
To: likeelk@yahoo.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1883 - 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 3, 2009

Leo dean has informed me of the passing of Richard Demmell, Hq2, and Clifford Hamilton B Co.

I will notify all when I know that the film is available.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

More photos from Europe trip 2009 - Parts 5 and 6

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

Timothy Williams

Ben, the email address 517film_@avi.com did not work.  I tried variations on it also with no luck including iva.com for International Audio Visual.

 From his website it looks like the address should be 517film@iavi.com.

 Tim

Timothy D. Williams
Maine Community Foundation
245 Main Street
Ellsworth, ME 04605-1613

 Tim is correct. The computer left out the( i) in the address. - Ben

Tory Parlin

Ben - attached is a paper I wrote about my uncle, Robert Woodhull, who was a
paratrooper in the 517th.  Howard Hensleigh asked me to send it to you.  I
used your web site, the web edition of the book, "A Paratrooper's Odyssey",
and my uncle's letters home from the front to recreate as best I could his
experience.  Thank you for your work on keeping the website up and running.
It is a remarkable resource.

Tory
--
Tory Parlin
1495 Moon Valley Lane

I have to place an attachment as download is too large for Mail Call-Ben

Remembrance for Capt. Robert P Woodhull

Harris L Johnson

Ben, this is my second attempt because my personal address was refused by the host server; this attempt is from my 485th Communications Squadron, SAC, reunion address.  If this is not accepted I will need some directions on how to order the CD.  Thanks, Harris Johnson

I would appreciate one copy of the subject CD for my stepson.  His grandfather Lawrence P Shipp was a member of the 517th from the beginning to the end.  He was discharged in 1945 with a 100% disability and lived until 2008.

Thank you for your generous support of the 517th.  I will be honored to pay you for the CD; however, I cannot find a price cited in any of the references.  If payment is required, please let me know.  Otherwise, I will make a contribution to the 517th.

I do not have access to the summer Thunderbolt, page 52, as cited by Darrell Egner in MAIL CALL NO. 1882 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 1, 2009 so I cannot follow the specific format in ordering.

Thank you,

Harris L Johnson

I am waiting for more information about the CD distribution. - Ben

Someone has just signed your guestbook!

Name:
Clint Richins