From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:40 AM
To: vparlin@eos.net
Subject: MAIL CALL #1884 517TH PRCT OCTOBER 4, 2009

Leo Dean ,our treasurer ,did skydive #130 ?

I will notify all when I know that the film is available.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,  Albany 12203

More photos from Europe trip 2009 - Parts 5 and 6

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

Gale Jeff Douglas

Ben --

Please thank Tory Parlin for sharing the letter with us about her Uncle Bob.    My father, Herbert Jeff, was Capt. Woodhull's radio operator and was with him on many patrols.   Dad passed away 5 years ago.   I'm certain he would have really enjoyed reading this letter and would have wanted to reach out to any of Woodhull's family to let them know of his deep respect for this man.   Dad died at the age of 80 and throughout his life, he often told stories of the 517th and his service in WWII.   Almost without exception, his stories included a mention of Capt. Woodhull, described as a true gentleman and friend, as well as a brave soldier.    Tory I, of course, did not know your uncle.   But throughout my life, I've known his name well as my Dad never forgot him.

Gail Jeff Douglas
Birmingham, AL

Tom Copsey

Ben and Bob - I know it's been a while but do you need any writing/editing assistance for a Europe AAR?

Best to all the Barretts!

Tom                                       **************

It was great to have Tom with us. Yes we would like to have your impressions of the trip. - Ben

Donald Spears

Hi Ben,
I did not get the Spring Thunderbolt.
I sent an e-mail 517film@avi.com and it came back - unable to deliver.
I need some help.
I would like four copies.
Airborne,
Donald G. Spears
The correct address is
 517film@iavi.com.
Barbara Fie Johnston
Thanks, Ben, for sending me Irma's story.  I have sent it on to my daughter and I'm sure she will share it with her sons.   I will await Irma's address or some word on how to send my check to her.

Barbara

Patricia and Roland

Hi,
oh ! YES we would like to receive this movie.

thanks so much.

Patricia and Roland
Sospel, France