From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 7:00 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1889 - 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 10, 2009

I will notify all when I know that the film is available.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

2009 Europe Road Trip Photos

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Cecil Doty

Hello Ben and all the 517th;

The news article you put in Mall Call. I hope the other Troopers didn't
think I had my stores mixed up*, the  reporter got her notes mixed up.
But she made me the town Hero.  I,'m sure most of you saw the mistakes
Ben  I want to thank you for reminding us to go tot the VA.   They
raised my service Disability to 50%
Thinks haven't  been going too good.  Arlene is having more seizures.
She is in total Nursing Care now.  By the way, did you know if u you
have 50%  VA Disability , they will help pay for nursing care, for your
spouse?
I'm pretty busy but find time to read Mail Call .

Cecil Doty

                                               *************

All those members who have acted on the information that I gave to them about compensation have received compensation or have their award increased. "you can lead a horse to water etc" - Ben

John Krumm

Hi Ben,

This is John Krumm.  My wife, Irene, and I are good friends of Edie and Gene Brissey.  His computer is down for now, and he may be getting it repaired or purchasing a new one as a replacement.  He called me and asked me to send you an email for him.

He wanted to let you know he was not physically able to attend the recent 517th national reunion in Salt Lake City.  He is having some problems with his eyes.  He recently had surgery for a cataract, and will probably have an additional surgery in the near future for a more unusual aspect of another problem with his eyes that has surfaced.  He regrets not being able to attend the recent national reunion.

He also wanted to be sure to have me convey his greeting to you and all of the rest of the 517th troops.

Gene Frice
Ben,
  Regards my friend. Have you recovered from jet lag and late night hours. I had two more episodes of several weeks afterward. Have been away from home (OR) and currently at my CA home (San Luis Obispo). During trip attended the 82nd. I have included the news letter from one of their chapters. Note the last para in relation to "AIRBORNE."  You may want to incl in an email.
  The trip with all was great-hope all is well. If we talk about discontinuing such-that was a good one to finish on.
  Airborne       Gene

                                  AIRBORNE

If you were AIRBORNE, you were part of the best... The elite. No matter when or where or which Airborne Unit you served.  You volunteered and survived jump school, earned your wings and became forever, a part of that worldwide fraternity to which all troopers belong.

William P. Yarborough, one of the pioneers of the U.S. Airborne, said "...Those who choose to become military parachutists must sometimes during the process, prove to themselves that they possess certain inner strengths that set them apart from many of their fellow human beings."

It is probably the self confidence and self-respect which successful paratroop training reveals nurtures, that has made the airborne soldiers of all nations so formidable on the field of battle.

It is our intention and reason for existence, to continue and foster that special esprit de corps, which only paratroopers know.

Whatever your unit or time of service, we probably have a member who served with you.