From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 9:18 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1901 - 517TH PRCT- N0VEMBER 2,2009

Last Mail Call should have been number 1900.
Leo is now up to 131.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Batallion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

2009 Europe Road Trip Photos

Annual Florida Mini-Reunion

January 16-19,2010

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 1192 West   Kissimmee, Florida 34747

Betty Traver

Ben,

At 6 a.m. today my son and I took Myrle to the hospital for congestive heart failure.  The VA hospital ICU ward had no available beds so they transferred him to a civilian hospital.  I just got off the phone speaking to the surgeon.  He will have open heart surgery sometime the end of the week.  They want to get him built up some before the surgergy.
Please remember him in your prayers.  I will keep you informed as to what is going on.
Betty Traver

Bob Barrett

 Here is a copy of Col. Graves’ bio page from the intro page of the Bluebook magazine articles from 1947-1948.  I tried to blow it up a little larger, but it is still fuzzy.  That’s the best I can do with it for now.

The complete Bluebook articles are on the web site at:

1947-1948  - Blue Book Magazine articles

Bob Barrett

The audio on the Dropzone web site isn’t working well, so I reloaded the Lud Gibbons’ stories on the web site:

The Hurtgen Forest  Bergstein 1945 -  Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
 by Lud Gibbons, 517th (PRCT) from the DropZone web site

Click on parts  1, 2, 3, 4 below

The Hürtgen Forest  Bergstein 1945 -  Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
by Lud Gibbons, 517th PRCT, from the
DropZone web site

Patricia and Roland

Hi Ben,
this week end Vanessa Armand, grand daughter of Major Don Fraser was with us (she is in Lorgues (near Le Muy) as a professor assistant for this school year).
She attend with Roland the anniversary of liberation of Sospel.
Included the article of newspaper. She is at the left of flowers.

Take care.

Patou and Roland
Sospel, France

Chris Lindner

Hi BB and Ben:

I though both of you would enjoy playing this little game!!!!!!!

Chris

This is neat! Try not to spend all day at this...

Click here: PARACHUTE JUMP