From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 5:28 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1902- 517TH PRCT- November 4, 2009

Just received the final printed issue of "Salute" which is issued at taxpayers expense. AR 360-1 Quote from "Salute" About Battle of The Bulge
"Three days after the battle began, Eisenhower called a meeting of his commanders to get a better picture of the counteroffensive and how to defeat it. All his generals begged off any kind of action, except one: George S. Patton,Jr LTG.

Patton's publicity ghost marched on.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,Albany 12203

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Batallion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

2009 Europe Road Trip Photos

Annual Florida Mini-Reunion

January 16-19,2010

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 1192 West   Kissimmee, Florida 34747

Wade Gilbert

Great new everyone.  The DVD, A Cut Above, will be shipping out this week!!!  Everyone can expect to receive their requested copies in 5-7 days.  All individual interviews will be sent out next week.

Thank you all for your patience.  I think you will all agree once you see the movie it’s been well worth the wait.

If you do not receive your DVD’s in the next 2 weeks or if you need additional copies please email me at 517film@iavi.com

Best Regards,

Wade Gilbert

                                                *************

Wade is doing this at his own expense. Suggest that a donation for the DVD's be sent to the 517th PRCT and that the Association show its appreciation of what Wade is doing and has done  in the past for us by  a special recognition for his deeds. -Ben

The Schmidt Bergstein Attack - Concerning Merle

Betty  Traver

Ben
Myrle and I  want to thank you, Lory Cutis and Ray Hess for your prayers for Myrle.  I saw him tonight and he has good color back and is feeling much better.  His bypass will be scheduled for Friday or Monday.   I will keep you posted as to his condition.
This video was sent to me today by someone special and I want to share it with the 517th.

Turn on sound.

Betty Traver
YouTube - One Pair Of Hands
Lory Curtis

Ben,

    Please extend the Curtis family's deepest concerns for a speedy recovery of Merle Travers.  Merle and Betty Travers are great friends and our thoughts and prayers are with them.  With their permission I will put Merle's name on the prayer roll at the Salt Lake Temple, where they will pray for him for the next two weeks.  Merle get better quick.  We all want to see you and Betty at the next reunion, hopefully in Nashville.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st Bn

Mel Dahlberg

Ben
My prayers are with Myrle Traver for a quick  recovery from heart problems..
Hang in there F company brother...
Mel Dahlberg

Ray Hess

Good Morning Ben! A short message to Myrle Traver  “ Myrle you overcame the obstacles of being a prisoner of war, so know I know that you will overcome the obstacle that you are now facing” Get well soon    Best wishes Ray Hess

Matt Greene

Hi Ben, I think that is a very good idea to go to Sospel for the next reunion. Let's hear some responses. Matt Greene.

Tom McAvoy

Phil Mc   Don't be afraid of Coumindin now, I have been on it for 3 years now after open heart surgery, the only problem is I am cold  unless we (my wife & I ) keep the room temperature up around 80 degrees, I love it as the good it  is doing cannot be measured,  They check me out every month and if the blood count is not right They correct the dosage of coumindin to help keep it where it is doing the most good,  I also swim every day   have been swimming for 25 years now, just love stepping into nice warm water (to me) as I go for another swim?  I had trouble at the  YMCA  they would tell me the water is such and such degree  and darn that is silly  for example they would try and act like the water temp was  goodness 75 degree when body  temp is 98 degree How that can be comfortable??,, So I changed to another swim place 1/3rd the price of the YMCA, They have a attitude problem  as they claim most young people require the Temperature  to be cold?? Well now most old people with arthritis cannot stand water temperature  cold as it brings out the dreadful pain of Arthritis Tom McAvoy