From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 6:20 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1904- 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 6, 2009

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Batallion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

2009 Europe Road Trip Photos

Annual Florida Mini-Reunion

January 16-19,2010

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

Betty Traver

HI Everyone,
Myrle is scheduled for bypass surgery at 7:30 tomorrow morning.  I saw the surgeon and he said that with the blockage in the arteries that Myrle was a good candidate for a fatal heart attack but that the bypass would save him.  He explained that it was a major surgery and of the risk involved and Myrle said he wanted to go for it and get well.  I will be with him at 5:30 so that I can see him before he goes to surgery.  It is going to be a very long day but I will let you know how he is after I get back home tomorrow night.  Our prayers will be answered.
Betty/friend/grandma

Betty Traver

Myrle had quadruple bypass and the doctor said that he held up very well throughout the surgery.  The next 24 hours he has to be watched closely but the surgeon said the Myrle was a fighter and since he had continued  to exercise that is all in his favor.  I am going back to see him in about an hour but I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words.  I especially want to thank you Ben for relaying all these messages.  You do so much and we certainly appreciate you and your work.
Thanks again and again. Prayers were answered.
Betty/friend/grandma
Helen Beddow

OK, the parachute game that Chris Linder sent is totally addictive.
Phil McSpadden

PLEASE check out these photos.....they are some of the best I've seen....look at each and every one of them, and thank God they were there, and did what they had to do.  If they hadn't, can you imagine the consequences?  The Germans would have won, invaded Great Britain, and destroyed most of the American and Canadian fighting forces.  Just let yourself think a bit, and then thank the next veteran you see.   phil

Great Photos.-Ben

Rick Sweet

Hi Ben,
        Let Betty know that Myrle is in my prayers and I am thankful that I got to sit and talk with them at the St Louis reunion. I was sitting by myself and Betty invited me to come and sit with them and I will never forget their kindness and warm conversation. I drove by myself to the reunion with my back back and two bad knees all the way from Cincinnati and will do it again at the next opportunity. I think allot of them both. Thank you, Ben for all that you do.

Rick Sweet