From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:42 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1907 - 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 11, 2009

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Batallion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

2009 Europe Road Trip Photos

Annual Florida Mini-Reunion

January 16-19,2010

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

Bob Barrett

Claire Giblin
Happy Veterans Day to all my favorite vets!

We in this country owe our lives to the sacrifices of our veterans.  Please, all of you, share your story with someone today.  Whether it's one sentence to a stranger or a half-hour presentation to school kids, it's important.  Attend a local ceremony if you can.  Go to one of the restaurants that is offering free meals for vets today.  It's not just the meal - it is the opportunity to meet other vets and their families as well.

Thank you all for your service and your sacrifice.  By sharing your story today and every day, you honor the entire 517 family.

Teresa Messina-Airlines flight attendent.

Dear Ben:
Thank you for taking your time during each day to send messages throughout our nation to your comrades. Your connection with each other is very important and I am sure fulfilling. Without our Veterans we would not have the opportunities we have  today including the modern technology in every household. I have such great respect for your bravery and sacrifice. I couldn't imagine what our county would be like if we lost the war.  I salute you!
God Bless America,
Teresa Messina
PS I continue to wear the 517 pin on my uniform lapel.

Helen Beddow

Hello to all of our Veterans!  On this Veteran's Day, we have many thanks to give to our good friends, our 517th vets.  You men are the "Greatest Generation" and I am honored to know each and everyone of you.  I come away from our National  and Mini Reunions thinking how I have had the opportunity to know such brave men, and such honorable men.  Not everyone has that opportunity to visit with you and to hear your stories.  For those people, they are missing a huge part of history that is so important to our country.  I was watching the 517th movie this week, and I kept thinking how young you were and what you had to do to win the war.  Saying "thank you for what you have done for us" seems inadequate,  however, I do thank you and may God bless each and everyone of you.

Steve, Angelina, Rosalinda, and Trevor Markle.
 just wanted to send out our families thanks to our favorite vets, the brave men of the 517. We will always remember you, and those who went before you.

You are true American heroes, and will forever have our love and respect.

Steve, Angelina, Rosalinda, and Trevor Markle.

Chris Lindner
Hi Ben

I have to thank my favorite veterans on this Veteran's Day!

I hope you all know how much you are all appreciated, again there are never enough words to express this.

Chris Lindner
Melanie (Davis) Hanson
TO ALL THE 517TH- HAVE A WONDERFUL VETERANS DAY AND ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOU ARE APPRECIATED AND LOVED!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Dad, I know you can hear me up in Heaven, I LOVE YOU, MISS YOU and YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!

With gratitude and love, Melanie (Davis) Hanson
daughter of Gary Davis F Co

Lory Curtis
Ben,
       Just want to wish every 517th trooper a very happy veteran's day.  If it wasn't for your dedicated service and selfless sacrifice,  me and everyone else here in America wouldn't be enjoying the many freedoms we have today.  From the bottom of my heart thank you for keeping our country free and not having to speak German or Japanese.  You men are the Greatest!

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Ted Crawford

Ben,

Thank you, to you and all of the men of the 517th and of all of our veterans since. I just thought I would send you guys a note as I contacted all of my family and friends that are veterans today.

I just got off the phone with my uncle, Duane Lamb of the 517th Co F.  He is doing great and has lived on a small farm in Hillsdale Michigan since the war.   He is retired from the Power Company up there and held many positions in the company before he retired.  He and my father, Robert Crawford, signed up together and were both in Company "C" for a short time.  Eventually my father ended up in "A" company and my uncle in Company "F". They saw each other on and off as you guys moved through France, Belgium, and into the Bulge. Duane, had married my father's sister, Gladys Crawford, before the war. Duane was wounded and sent back near the end of the war, but I am not sure in which battle.  My father, Robert Crawford has been pulling Jesus on water skis since 2003 and smiling down at all of us.(our vision of Heaven)

I told my Uncle that I was going to send you guys a note...He said to tell you all "Hi!" He is still full of energy. He stays busy hauling livestock for other farmers, just because he likes to. He has two children, two grandchildren, and four great grandchildren.

His wonderful wife Gladys died 2 years ago but he is not alone. He has another wonderful woman that had been a friend of the family to spend his days with.

I thought you would get a kick out of knowing there are some of you still out there that you may not even know about.

 Best Regards

Ted L Crawford

Son of Robert L. Crawford Co. A

 Melanie (Davis) Hanson

WHAT DID THESE 2 MEN HAVE IN COMMON? Click below.

Do you know what these two men have in common

Kenton Floyd Immerfall

Dear Ben Barrett and the rest of the 517th Family,

I could not let this day go by without taking a moment to thank and pray for each and every member, not only of the unique 517th PRCT but also those who served and still serve this Great Nation.  As I placed my flag in its holder this morning, in front of my home, I stopped to say a silent prayer for my 517th "Uncles."  Those of you that I have been fortunate enough to meet, visit with, shake your hand, give you a hug, and basically spend quality time with...you may never know how proud you make me feel when you tell me about your life before, during, and since that world war that took you to a land you had little knowledge about.  As you doze off in your easy chair today, take a deep breath and know that you are appreciated and loved by many you will never have the pleasure to meet.  God Bless and Keep You Safe.

Kenton Floyd Immerfall

Tim Curtis

A warm hello Ben, and members of the 517th as well as families and friends. A heartfelt thanks on this Veterans Day to all the 517th for your service and sacrifice to our great country. You are the best of the best. I wanted to send a reminder that anyone who has still not been to the World War II memorial in Washington D.C., if it is because of a lack of resources, please contact  honorflight.org. They will provide you with a completely free trip in honor of what you have done for our country. I was blessed to be able to visit with my dad before he passed, and I am convinced it is important that all remaining World War II vets should make the trip. Highest regards!
Tim Curtis
Son of "Bud" Curtis
Hdq. 1st