From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 10:06 PM
To: JoyKundahl@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1910 -517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 16, 2009

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,Albany 12203

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Batallion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

2009 Europe Road Trip Photos

Annual Florida Mini-Reunion

January 16-19,2010

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

Tom Reber

Dear Ben,

I hope so too.  Travel and time off have become a rare commodity these last 4 years, since I changed jobs.  I really miss meeting back up with you guys.  The 517th has been such a good family atmosphere for all who have found it.

You and Bob do such a great job keeping people in touch.  Thanks so much for Leo Dean's e-mail address.

Now that I have my left hip replaced, I can look forward to the right knee and the right hip being replaced also.  The left knee should be good for some more time.  You'd think I jumped out of airplanes or something of that sort.  Nope!  Just football, baseball, softball and too much weight on the frame.

Take great care and I enjoy your daily efforts with Mail Call - so does JB Walton who is still recovering from his stroke.

Best regards,

Tom Reber

We have missed Tom at recent reunions and so I was anxious to know how he was doing. - Ben

Gina Votti

May this bless your noble, strong and sweet hearts......

Gina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUx3MU9iM6c&feature=related

Lea Bradovich

Good to hear from you, Ben.  Thanks for upholding this historical site!  Will tune in to History Channel tonite.
All the best
Lea Bradovich

Tom Copsey

Ben ' thanks for the Vera Lynn link.  Love her voice and the videos.  I first heard "We'll  meet again" in the movie Dr Strangelove but never knew who sang it till Claire sent in the You tube link!  Maybe because Mom's name was also Vera is why she resonates with me.

Pinup/Movie star

Band or Entertainer

Radio Show

To get y'all started Pop's favorites on the first two were Dorothy Lamour and Glenn Miller. Not sure what his favorite radio show was.

Cheers to all!

George Kundahl
Ben, I succeeded in downloading parts III and IV, which were of prime concern to me, and am finding them both useful and interesting.  You have a real historical resource here, and I appreciate your sharing it.  Thanks again.  George Kundahl

George is referring to - Paratrooper's Odyssey - A History of the 517th Parachute Combat Team We have the complete book on our website.-Ben