From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 8:16 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1924 - 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 30. 2009

Hello,   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Last Mail Call should have been No. 1923. Next Mail Call after this one should be 1925.

Please do not  send downloads when just an email will do.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Batallion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

2009 Europe Road Trip Photos

Florida Mini Reunion
January 16 - 20, 2010

Location:  Ramada Gateway Hotel
                  Kissimmee, Fl  34747
                  Reservations:  1-800-272-6232
                                             www.ramadagateway.com
Contact:   Leila Webb
                  4155 Kissimmee Park Road
                  St. Cloud, FL  34772
                   407-892-3595

Registration fee:  $40.00    More information Mail Call No 1916

Don Saunders

 Hi Ben,

I have been going ot write to you for some time but just keep putting it off. After having my hip replaced in March, I have been having my share of problems. Since the end of July it has been out of joint 5 times and I go back to the Doctor tomorrow to make arrangements for another operation to hopefully repair it for good.
Jan and I had planned to go to the International Reunion as well as Europe with the group this Summer but we didn't dare to get that far from home and the doctor.
I have a request for you. Would you please have a copy of the interviews taken at the reunion that is ready now. I believe they are free but if not I will gladly send a check.
Thanks, Hello to all of my old friends of the 596th and combat team.

Don Saunders

James E Peavey
There is a picture of my Dad on your site. Dad has the exact same picture. It is a picture of him and Louis Ferraiolo and submitted by Lisa Ferraiolo.  My Dad’s name is Ralph E Peavey. He would like to find out about Louis. He would like to contact Lisa. Would it be possible to get her e-mail address, or any other contact information?

Thanks,  James E Peavey

Bob Barrett

James,

The info from Lisa was sent to us back in 2005.  So I’m not sure if this email still works, but try it:  crabboy31@aol.com  Let us know if that works or not.

Which photo is Ralph Peavey?

Bob Barrett

Raymond S. Meldrum

Ben;

This is a sad story forwarded to me by a good friend.

http://www.insigne.org/Fakes-I-Smith.htm

I thought it may be a word of warning to the veterans of the 517th and their family members to be very cautious regarding who they show and lend their historic personal items to.

This is not forwarded to scare anybody, but just a cautionary tale.  All private and public collections and museums should be properly vetted before loaning personal artifacts or else the owners run the risk of never get them back.

Most of the stolen items in the story above ended up in the collection of Michel Detrez in Europe.

Regards

Raymond S. Meldrum

Bernice Cook

Ben- Good morning - Would you please repeat for me who I could contact for the wonderful DVD that we saw in Salt Lake City.  Also, who do I contact for a roster address change?
Thank you so very much for all the great work that you do.
Bernice Cook
Charlie Cook-460th A Btty
Film - Wade Gilbert wadeg@iavi.com
Roster - Tom Reber reber83@insightbb.com