From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 8:42 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1927- 517TH PRCT- DECEMBER 5,2009

Hello,   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Please make reservations for Florida Reunion Jan. 16, as soon as possible . Host has to make  down payment  for banquet.

Please do not  send downloads when just an email will do.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

                                                        Click on Stream

PearlHarborAttackAnnouncement_64kb.m3u 64Kbps M3U Stream

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  Just finished reading Howard's comments in today's Mail Cal (#1926).  Thank you, Howard, for being you and for sharing your talents and gift with the written word.  As a historian and writer (in addition to being an extraordinary leader, paratrooper, role model and hero), your writings are always beautifully and succinctly composed, insightful and moving.  What a blessing you are to all of us decedents of the men of the 517th.   We have the most remarkable team in you and Ben.  Thank you to both of you.
  Sincerely,
Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

PS  Howard, Alan and I also beam with pride that on top of everything else, you are also a lawyer.  The profession could not have a more outstanding member -- an example of the finest whom we should all emulate.

Wayne Cross

Terrific job Gilles!

Wayne C. Cross

Lory Curtis

Ben,
This is for Howard Hensleigh, first I am just in awe at how much detail you remember of the activities of the 517th, and I am sure glad you have remembered.  I find your comments just wonderful so thank you so much.  Second, in Mail Call 1926 you stated that Steele, the exec of G Company took over command.  Howard, was that Bob Steele who was in 1st Bn who saved Col Boyle's life when he was a Sergeant?
Thanks for your information.
Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Bob Barrett
Subject: CNN || Last U.S. veteran of World War I testifies for memorial

Lory Curtis

Ben,
I want to echo my sentiments of what Rick Sweet had to say to Myrle and Betty Traver.  These are two very wonderful and special people in our 517th family and I and my family are sure glad to hear Myrle is recovering well.  Of course knowing Myrle and how tough he is I had no doubts he would pull through with flying colors.  Good on you Myrle, way to hang in there and never give up in true 517th paratrooper fashion.  AIRBORNE!

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

 John Maribam

GREETINGS:

THOUGHT I WOULD REMIND YOU THAT ON THIS DAY THE "JAPS" BROUGHT US INTO
THE WAR BY A COWARDLY ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOR AT 0850 ON 7 DECEMBER,
1941.  CLICK ON BELOW.

SEMPER FI,

"FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU"

http://community.webtv.net/Marienbad/PearlHarborHawaii

http://community.webtv.net/Marienbad/PearlHarborHawaii