From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:04 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1934- 517TH PRCT- DECEMBER 13, 2009

Hello                     http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Please make reservations for Florida Reunion Jan. 16, as soon as possible . Host has to make  down payment  for banquet.

Please do not  send downloads when just an email will do.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Darrell Egner

I talked to Hunter McDonald today.  A recap:  Hunter went in for open heart surgery on November 2.  The operation was successful however he developed a staph infection in the Hospital and they had to open him up again.  The Doctors believe they were able to remove the infection, hopefully they are right.

Having spent just a few days at home he is now in a rehab facility with two tubes attached that feed antibiotic's and vast amounts of penicillin to be sure he does not have a recurrence of the staff infection.  He expects his stay in rehab will last another 10 days.

Despite the hell he has gone through he seemed to be in good spirits.  I'll keep you up to date on his condition.  Please say a special prayer for his quick and full recovery.

Darrell Egner
Nace B Cohen

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO LT PECHE S2 2ND BT ?  HE WAS IN CHARGE OF OUR S2 SECTION BACK IN THE U.S.  AND LATER IN SO. FRANCE LT BILL LEWIS WAS IN CHARGE OF S2,

NACE B, COHEN  S2 2ND BATTALION  APR 43 TILL AUG.45

Thomas Roberts

Would appreciate any help  concerning  Olvies tour of duty with the 517th during WW11. Olvie went on to be a LT. serving as a platoon leader in the Korean War. He lost an arm to a Chinese grenade.

I know very little about his combat service but General Zais was at his funeral and had great respect for Olvie.

About the only thing I know about his W.W. 11 experience is that he was in England  recovering from wounds as the Battle of the Bulge was being fought and that he took a reduction in rank to go over seas with his unit with the promise it would be restored when he got to England.

His two daughters Diana and Bonnie know next to nothing about his military service and I know it would be a blessing for them to know more about their fathers service.

Olvie was my brother-in-law and to me he was a hero of that great generation I so greatly respect.

Thank you for your kind attention and any help you might render.

Thomas Roberts

Tmroberts@vci.net

Olvie Nunnery was a Lieutenant in  H Co.-Ben

Rosalinda and Trevor Markle Rocklin High School of 2010. Steve Markle children. Two of my favorites. - Ben