From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:07 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com; mjames@plantworksnw.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1937 - 517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 16, 2009

                   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on
Hello,

I will leave this evening for Ca. and expect to visit Howard Thursday or Friday.

Please make reservations for Florida Reunion Jan. 16, as soon as possible . Host has to make  down payment  for banquet.

Please do not  send downloads when just an email will do.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Beverly James

Russ Miller of “B” Co. and my husband served together in the 517th in WWII.  Maxwell T. James was platoon leader in “A” Co.  Russell gave me your E-mail address for me to inform you of my husband’s passing on December 7th 2009, one week before his 86th birthday.  He so wanted to become the last WWII living survivor, but other plans were made in Heaven.  So now—who will he be?

Maxwell will receive a veteran’s service Monday December 21st @ Riverside National Cemetery located at 22405 Van Buren Blvd. Riverside, CA 92518.  951.652.8417.  His urn will be in the wall on “Pearl Harbor” Street.  Cars will line up in Staging Area #1 at 12:30 P.M. to be escorted promptly at 1:00 to the committal shelter for a military honors service, then on to the placing of his urn into a columbarium.

Beverly J. James   Surviving wife of a one of a kind man.

Tom Roberts

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind effort to help me  concerning my brother-in-law Olvie.

Im really at a loss for words to express  my deep appreciation. My wife was excited and touched by the photograph you so thoughtfully sent as it was indeed her brother.

Cant tell you how much were looking forward to any information or stories about him that others may share with us.

Thank you so much and may God richly bless you and your family and this work that you do on behalf of others,

Tom Roberts

Mark Landreth

Ben - It's a little early, but I want to wish all of the 517th troopers a warm and Happy Holiday Season, and a healthy and Happy New Year! mark

Dennis Sura

Merry Christmas to all the troopers and their families.  Keep warm and keep the stories coming.

Dennis Sura Son Michael A. Sura 3rd Battalion H Company
Gene Brissey

To Arnold and Irma, and everyone else who reads this,

 I am so sorry to hear about your accident.  Edie and I wish you the best.  I would like your email address if you would like to send it to me.  My email address is ge517ne@aol.com.  Just got a new computer and my daughter is trying to teach me how to use it.

Gene and Edie Brissey
 Wade Gilbert
Hi Ben,

 We’ve sent out all the DVD’s except for the individual interviews which should go out in the next week or two.  If anyone did not receive their DVD’s please send me an email at 517film@iavi.com and I will make sure it is sent as soon as possible.  I apologize to anyone who did not get their DVD’s.  We sent almost 300 DVD’s.

 Merry Christmas to all and thank you all for giving us the freedoms we cherish today.

 Best Regards,

Wade Gilbert

Son of Earnest Gilbert – F Company

Lory Curtis

Ben
Thanks to Jay Sutcliffe's for his remarks about finding people.  I appreciate it.

Lory Curtis

Melanie (Davis) Hanson
REMEMBERING ALL OF THE 517TH ON THIS DAY,
 DECEMBER 16th 1944 -The Battle of the Bulge begins.
To all of you strong, courageous men that fought through that bitter, freezing cold battle and to all the men that were lost.
YOU ARE MY HEROES!
Love to all- Melanie (Davis) Hanson, daughter of Gary Davis F Comp.

The 517th moving up to the Ardennes 1944