From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:05 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com; pmccarey@gt.rr.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1938 - 517TH PRCT -DECEMBER 17, 2009

                   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on
Hello,

I am now in California.

Please make reservations for Florida Reunion Jan. 16, as soon as possible . Host has to make  down payment  for banquet.

Please do not  send downloads when just an email will do.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Pa McCarey

To all of Shirley's friends,,,,
Mom had a Stroke on November the 8th and spent two weeks in the
Hospital and has spent the last two weeks in rehabilitation. Mom's
stroke did not affect her physically but did affect her speech and she
is slowly getting better. I am sorry that it has taken so long to e-
mail all of Mom's friends about her condition. I ask all to say a
Prayer for Mom from time to time, she really needs it !

Thanks to all,,
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Pat McCarey
"In God we Trust"
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Shirley has been a friend of the 517 for along time.-Ben

I will be making a conscious effort to wish everyone
a Merry Christmas this year ...
My way of saying that I am celebrating

the birth Of Jesus Christ.

So, I am asking my email buddies,
if you agree with me,
to please do the same.

And if you'll pass this on to

your email buddies, and so on...
maybe we can prevent one more
American tradition from being lost in the sea of
"Political Correctness".

To One and All ! ! ! ! !

Jeffrey  Gramenz
I am searching for any information regarding my father, Edward V. Gramenz who apparently was  a PFC in company F of the 517th.   As he entered the army in May 1944, I assume that he would have been a replacement joining the RCT around Christmas of 1944.  I have searched your site and not found any mention of him (including the Christmas roster).  My information that he was a member of the 517th Company F is from his headstone.  I have one picture of him along with a number of others, although there are about 13 names on the back of the picture, none of them appear in my search of your site, so it may be a picture of Fort Benning.  Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Jeffrey Gramenz

Can anyone help Jeffrey? - Ben

Peter Jansson

First of all:
Happy holidays to everyone associated to the 517th.  I want to especially thank Wade Gilbert and family for sending our family 10 copies of the 517th dvd.  They are going to be given to family members, and to those who graciously gave money in our Dad's memory last April upon his passing. Many tears were in our eyes as we watched the remarkable tape.  Thanks so much to all who were involved in the genesis and production of such an important project.  The legacy of this unit cannot, should not, and never will be forgotten.   As a family, we never knew about Dad's service in B company, basically, until the reunion in Washington D.C. in 2007.  Thank you, Mr. Gilbert.  I believe another contribution to the cause is due and forthcoming.

We all miss our Dad so much.  The company he served with, and the way he brought his children up, is a direct reflection of Col. Boyle, Maj. Fraser, and all of the members of the "Battling Buzzards".  And, as always, thank you to Mr. Ben Barrett.

With much love and affection, Peter Jansson and the entire Jansson family

                                               ***********
Peter's Dad was Bertil Jansson B Co.

Gilles Guignard

Dear Ben and Bob,

Here are a few close-ups of the picture of the 517th troopers in the Weapon
Carriers which appeared in the mailcall.

Kind regards, Gilles

Dennis Sura

Ben, the Sura Family got a great Christmas gift in the mail today.  We received the Bronze Star that my father never saw when he was alive. Mail Call was instrumental in pointing me in the right direction.  I pursued it through our congressman Tad McCotter here in Novi, MI.  It took about 5 months from request to delivery and I praise the efforts of our congressman's people.

The medal means more to me than it would have meant to dad as he was happy to have survived after 3 purple hearts.  He always said the bravest men were the guys still buried in Europe who gave their lives for our country.  The medal is engraved with his name on the back.   Michael A. Sura  See Attached Picture

Merry Christmas

Dennis Sura son of Corporal Mike Sura H Company