From: 517 Mail Call [MailCall@517prct.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:20 PM
To: mailcall@517prct.org
Subject: MailCall No. 1976 - 517 PRCT - March 10, 2010

Mail Call: MailCall@517prct.org

Administrivia:

Well, it looks like MailCall #1975 went out OK.  I had to do it the hard way to be safe.  I divided the MailCall roster into 4 groups and sent out 4 different emails, so that I kept each mailing under 100 people.  It is a pain, but that seems to do it.

I don’t really have that much news for this MailCall, but I want to keep sending things for a while just to make sure it works, and to keep from getting too far behind.  Please send some news.

I did get a few bounced messages, but they all appeared to be old, invalid email addresses.

At any time, if you want to be added or removed from the MailCall list, just let me know.

Please note the new address for MailCall:  MailCall@517prct.org  I will also continue to search Ben's gmail and AOL accounts for a while as well.

Donations for any programs involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany NY  12203.

Now please start sending news.

Bob Barrett

Register Now!

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

2010 517th PCT West Coast Party

 April 12 - 16, 2010

Palm Springs, CA

info

Website                                           www.517prct.org

Mail Call                                   MailCall@517prct.org

Mail Call Archives            www.517prct.org/archives

Roster                            www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

Recent website additions:

John Bradovich, HQ Company, Demo Platoon

Gary L. Davis, F Company

Le Muy infos magazine - selected pages of the August 2009 celebration

Kenneth Goodbrake, Reg. HQ, Demo Platoon

Floyd A. Stott, I Company bio

Regular MailCall news:

Bob, you are doing a great job and we all appreciate it -

but sadly you can count me among the members who did not get #1974.  I did go and look at it as you suggested - and you're right - it was pretty good.  Loved the photo of Lud especially.

Best wishes to Myrle Traver as he recovers!

Best to all my favorite airborne guys -

Claire Giblin

Bob, just checking to see if you have my e mail address since I am not receiving Mail Call.  With thanks for all you are doing to continue mail call our greatest asset.  With great admiration for you and your family.

Dick Seitz

Bob Good morning! I seem to be getting your E-mails okay.

Best Regards,

Ray R. Hess

Bob:  sorry you're having problems but thank you for giving a hyperlink to the email I didn't get.  You're right it was great.

Pat Seitz

PS  Dad and I planning on staying at a hotel near where your family will be gathering after your Dad's burial as it might be easier logistically.  Have you all picked a location?

Ben’s service will be at Arlington National Cemetery on Thursday, April 29 at 2:00 PM.  We are still working on selecting a hotel, and hopefully getting discount rates for family and friends at a decent hotel in the area.  It looks like we can have a short ceremony and a gathering at the Women’s Memorial within ANC.  The family will probably do a dinner afterwards, and we’re seeing if we can arrange for room for all our good friends of the 517th who are staying in town overnight and would like to join us.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a good old-fashioned Irish wake continuing at the hotel later on.  I will let you know when we confirm the details.

Bob B.