From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:31 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAILCALL NO. 1272 517THPRCT- FEBRUARY 18,2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Nancy Steinfurth

Dear Ben -

I am sorry to announce that my father, Karl Steinfurth (460th), passed away last night.  He fought stage 4 lung cancer for two years, but they found additional tumors on his brain four weeks ago and he said that was all the chemo he was going to take.  He was tremendously proud of his service during the war and the people he fought with.  Thank you for welcoming us at the Oklahoma City reunion.  It is a precious memory to me.  My best to you all.

Nancy Steinfurth

Boom Boom Alicki

That was a real good report Howard Hensleigh gave.  As I go back some 62 years, I recall the 517th now a part of the 13th Airborne Division arrived Fort Bragg. Very shortly thereafter the 13th Airborne Division was deactivated, and the elements of the 517th Parachute Infantry Regiment were transferred to the 82nd Airborne Division.  I was then assigned as Commander of Hq & Hq Company, 505th Airborne Regiment.  I remained with the 82nd Airborne Division until orders directed me in 1949 for foreign service, Japan.  Hope this addition will help.
Boom Boom

Bob Barrett

Dad,

I think I have the Guestbook back up and running on the 517th web site.  As you remember, I had to disable it last summer because I was just getting about 20 crude spam messages every day.  I found a new version that has some good features that should prevent the spam.  Give it a try.

Bob Barrett

Marie Rommel

 Hi Everyone,

I am changing my email address again, sorry of the inconvenience.  My new email address is wmrom@windstream.net.  Please send a response so I can ensure you have received this change.

Thank You Again!

Bob Barrett

Howard contributed to this article on a French website, in Fayence.

 http://unesemaineenaout.blogspot.com/2007/02/cher-bruno-voici-une-rponse-votre-mail.html

Here is a version as translated (roughly) into English:

 http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Funesemaineenaout.blogspot.com%2F2007%2F02%2Fcher-bruno-voici-une-rponse-votre-mail.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Bob Barrett

I forgot to mention that the French blog (web site) with Howard’s story is written by Bruno Sallé, who wrote into our Guestbook a few times:

Entry of Jun 09, 2003 at 12:41 [EST]
Name: bruno salle
Unit: firefighter
EMail: BRUNOSALLE4@aol.com
How I found the 517th page: A friend told me
Comments: I would like to have information on the 517th in Fayence's region in the south of
France. I look as well for a badge of the 517 eme to put in my collection. I am writing a book on this time. Thank you

John Schaffner

 Ben,

Thanks for the invite. We have had an excellent relationship with AFR, I trust you all will like the way they handle all of the details. In case I don’t get there, have a great time.

John (106th Div) Schaffner

Jim Royer

Ben, John Schaffner sent these pictures of us having dinner with Eddie
Montfort .
                                   Jim Royer

1994 - Hotel in Belgium

Joanne, Fran, Ben Barrett, and Eddy