From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 3:44 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1277 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 28, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

AOL members have been notifying me that they are receiving Mail Calls.  You are receiving them because I have a separate address book for AOL members???? About 75.

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS
.
 .Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Recent website additions:
Lucky Hiers bio
New 517th Guestbook!
Ernest Morrison and Bill Lewis, HQ/2
Jesse O. Goswick, G Co.
517th Headquarters Signpost
History of the 517th Patch
Blue Book Magazine articles - 1947-1948
Michael and Eric

HELLO MY FRIENDS.. HERE IS THE MAIL WE DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO SENT TO YOU.
YESTERDAY AFTERNOON IN FREJUS. OUR FRIEND, HONORATE MEMBER OF THE 517TH ,ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR FRENCH FRIEND OF ALL THE VETERANS, AIME LEOCARD DIED SUDDENLY.
THE FUNERALS WILL BE TOMORROW FRIDAY AT 2 PM IN DRAGUIGNAN .
WE WILL BE THERE AND IF ANYBODY HAVE A MESSAGE FOR THE FAMILY PLEASE SENT EMAIL TO THIS ADDRESS; WE WILL PRINT IT AND GIVE TO AIME FAMILY.
WARMEST REGARDS.
MICHAEL AND ERIC,
AIRBORNE MUSEUM OF LE MUY FRANCE

This one shows the men of the 517 with Aime: Gene Frice, Lud Gibbons, Aime, Leo Dean, Allan Johnson, and Merle McMorrow.  This was taken at a community lunch during the celebration days.

Guest Book entry

Name: Carol Monkhouse Nash
From: Ft Benning Georgia
E-mail: southerncarol_58@yahoo.com

Hi Everyone,
This is George R Monkhouse's daughter I just stop by to say hello and God Bless
you all.  I come to the site almost every day, since finding the site, it brings me
closer to Dad I miss him so very much ,its been 31 years since his death now, and
it doesn't get easier.  He loved the Army and I believe a part of him died when he
retired as a Capt.  He was a lost soul.  He went in at 16,and retired at 36.  God Bless
you all til next time TU  Carol Monkhouse

Howard Hensleigh

To Bill Coswick

Bill,  Since the G Co. picture should be in Ben's website, I will take steps to get mine in shape to transmit to him and will send you a copy at the same time. The technology is above my head, but I know it can be done.  Again, thanks for your interest.  Howard Hensleigh

Gilleds Guignard ( A Swiss friend )

Dear Ben and Bob,
I hope you are fine.
I know this isn't a 517th related topic but a national
hero passed away this morning.

My friend Marty Higgins, commander of the 36th
Infantry Division trapped "Lost Battalion" which was
rescued by the 442nd RCT late October 1944 in the
Vosges mountains of Eastern France.
America has lost another hero. He will be remembered
with great fondness in the hearts of those who knew
him. He will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
Marty Higgins was CO of Co. A., 141st Regt., 36th Inf
Division.
He was captured in the Colmar pocket in December 1944
and survived the Winter Death March from OFLAG 64 (12
Jan 1945 - 14 March 1945) to STALAG 3A.
He then survived and escaped STALAG 3A, April 1945.
I am attaching a photo of Marty Higgins which was
taken after the rescue of the "lost battalion".

with kind regards,
Gilles Guignard
rotmcook@yahoo.com
www.dogface44.skyblog.com
www.dogface42.skyblog.com
Boom Boom Alicki
.
 Subject: Chilling

The link below will take you to a new presentation titled, "The Islamic Mein Kampf."

I urge you to watch it, and then pass it on to as wide an audience as you can possibly reach.

Click here: Terrorism Awareness Project: The Islamic Mein Kampf

 Boom Boom

Ben please send me Jesse K. Davis email address and home address.  Incidentally I have not been experiencing any AOL email problems.  Been smooth operating as expected from such efficient webmasters as you and Bob.

Boom Boom     Mail Calls sent to Jesse Ltlpws@cox.net  have been returned.-Ben

 Merle  McMorrow

Leocard Family:

Aime was one of the greatest friend the 517th had. He was honored at many of our reunions and we will forever be grateful for his contributions made to preserve the history of our Unit in the south of France.  As a teacher he had his students place flowers and flags on the graves at the Rhone-American Cemetery in Draguignan.  He told me that he wanted the young people to remember and be forever grateful for those who gave their lives in order that future generations could live in freedom. His correspondence always ended with GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Our sympathy is also extended to Antionette.  She is a lovely lady and we think of her each time we see the paintings in our home that she presented to us.

                                                                                       In sympathy,
                                                                                                          Merle & Mardy Mc Morrow

Boom Boon Alicki

I was extremely sorry to hear of the sad loss, and feel I must express my deep and heartfelt sympathy.

In the passing of Aime Leocard, I and all the members of the 517th Parachute Infantry Combat Team  have lost a loyal good friend and patriot, and know how bitter the blow must be to you.

Boom Boom Alicki

Darrell Egner

 Ben this is really moving.  Just thought you would like to play it.

Darrell

A Soldier in Iraq

 This soldier video is different, moving and heartwarming.

Enjoy and pass it on!

http://www.flashdemo.net/gallery/wake/index.htm