From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 4:36 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1278 517TH PRCT-MARCH
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS

AOL must have accidentally made another blunder. Last Mail Call went to all members at once for  the first time in a long time.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form
Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

  Dear Aime Leocard's daughter and family and Antoinette:

    We were so sorry to learn the very sad news of Aime's sudden death. Words are so inadequate to express our sorrow and sympathy.  We hope you know you have many members of the 517th and their families who have you in our thoughts and prayers.
     How blessed we were to have met Aime and to have his enthusiasm, knowledge and leadership guiding us when we visited southern France with my father, Dick Seitz, in July of 2005.  Aime made our trip a trip of a lifetime. What a wonderful, witty, charming, intelligent and fun-loving guy he was. What a great smile and such energy (to say nothing of his love of fine wine!).  We would never have known he was a resistance hero himself had others not told us; he was so humble never talking about himself.  There was nothing that he did not do to help us, introduce us to folks, give us tours, as he did all returning veterans and their families, to say nothing of his efforts to preserve the history of the 517th's efforts in August of 1944 especially the Cemetery in Draguignan (what a moving visit he arranged there).  We have lost a great friend indeed. He was a person of positive, true impact who taught us the importance of demonstrating our gratitude to those who gave their lives so that we can live in freedom.  We will treasure the pictures we have of him and Antoinette (including the one Antoinette painted), plus the memories of the incredible 14th of July celebrations we experienced because of him and his love of the 517th.
    May the Good Lord enfold you in His Divine Love and give you His Peace to help counter your sorrow.  We thank you for sharing this great man with the rest of us as our lives are so much richer because of him.
    Sincerely,
    Patricia Seitz and Alan Greer

Bob Dalrymple

What a shock ! He was so faithful in his admiration of our fighting for France's Freedom . Not only was he an honorary  member of our Combat Team, he had a special place in his heart for the 596th and vice versa . He was also a great host when we came to Nice .Since you gave me his address and phone number in December, I kept saying to myself , "I'm going to call Aime. ". Then I procrastenated and now it's too late . I am remiss, indeed. and very remorseful .  Please express my condolences to Pat,Dan, and Liz . God rest his Soul in Heaven . Bob Dalrymple

Arnold et Irma TARGNION,Maria GASPAR

Dear Ben,
We are really upset about the sad mail and the lost of Aimé Léocard. It is a bit strange but I am but I cannot reach the E-mail address of Jean-Michel and Eric. In french, I will send our condolences. Thank you; Irma, Arnold and Maria
Chers amis et famille d'Aimé,
Nous vous présentons nos condoléances émues et sincères et nous pensons à Aimé avec qui nous avions partagé des moments d'émotion durant plusieurs réunions 517th aux USA. Quel homme attachant et chaleureux, il était dévoué, respectueux et fier de rendre hommage à ces valeureux soldats qui nous ont rendu la liberté. Cordial, comme seuls savent l'être les gens du sud, il était un lien solide et fidèle entre son pays et l'Amérique. Qu'il repose en paix au paradis des hommes braves et courageux. Nous ne l'oublierons pas.
Arnold et Irma TARGNION,Maria GASPAR, Comité d'Accueil des US Airborne Trois-Ponts, Belgique
Rick Sweet

 Hi Ben,
          I finally got my pictures back from being developed and there are a few that I have never seen.  I was hoping that you could add them to the 517th site.  Does anyone recognize any of these guys?  It looks like some of these pictures were taken in Germany.  Did you notice all of the bullet marks on the wall underneath the horse statue? Wow!!!!!!! Some pictures were taken from a C-47! I would really like to meet you fellows at the Washington reunion but I think I am going to have surgery on my back (fusion) !  I can't stand the pain  any more.
   I would like to say something to you men.  I want you to know how important it is that you tell your stories to your kids and grandkids so that they will know what you went through and what war is really like.
I know it's hard for some of you to open up but take it from someone who's dad died when I was four.  It is so hard to track where you were and what you did after you are gone.  Bad things, horrible things happen in war, but you did what you had to do to survive.  Please let us know before it is too late.  I am proud of my dad but I never got to know him.  He drank anti-freeze and died in February 1959.  Please open up to us and tell us your story because we need to know!!
 I think Jay Sutcliffe would agree with me.  He had his dad a long time but he is still seeking answers.  I am proud of all of you and hope that I can meet you and shake your hands someday....................................
                                                                                   Rick Sweet ,son of Odas Sweet
                                                                           A Battling Buzzard and Devil in baggy pants

Send us your Bio and we will put in in Meet the Troopers on the web site - Ben

Bill Goswick

Ben,
I was wonder how I could find out which operations my uncle Jesse Goswick was involved in. The only one I was aware of is the one where he was KIA in Southern France.
Thanks again,
Bill
Tom McAvoy
This is one of the best videos I have seen in a long
time and not a word is spoken
Please watch, all the way through
 ;   it really is wonderful .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2487638612433437293&q=Veterans

JOE CALDER

To John A. Alicki (AKA Boom Boom)

You never mention Georgia.  How is she???  For those who never met
Georgia.  She was the most beautiful Telephone Operator at Camp
MacKall.!!!!!

Boom Boon Alicki

Glad to know you are still kicking Joe.  She is just great married for 61 years to an ole paratrooper like me.  Thanks for the compliment.  I agree she was the cutest Telephone Operator we had in the South Area of Camp MacKall, NC.  To jog your memory check page 202, lower left side of our Paratroopers' Odyssey. She's at the switch board and standing at the door.
Our kind regards
to an old friend.

Bill Christian

Ben,  No problem with your mail reception, keep me posted if you think there is a problem.  Here is a list of those who have already signed for the West Coast Reunion     Lud Gibbons, Marty, Gene Frice/daughter, Vera Anderson, Gerald/Betty Davis, Jay/Rita Castello, J.Knopf/son, Leo Dean, Bill/Gloria Hudson, Ponnie Davis [Bill Lewis' sister].  I have at least another dozen or so who have called  with assurance of attendance.  I'll post those when I receive their final commitment.  Bill