From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 10:25 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1280 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

We are still finding 517 members who never knew that we had an Association and they want to come to their first reunion at Washington. I have sent registration forms to them at their request. Al Sperry "G"  Co.  phone me yesterday and has  also located two new members who wish to come to their first reunion.

Cathy Gleisberg, the daughter of the late Dorothy Gleisberg, and Dot's  companion Andrew Lubic "H" Co. has informed me that she was concern about the safety of relatives at Enterprise, Alabama  where the tornado struck. Cathy's niece was in the High School but she is alright as are other family members.

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS

 .Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2
Occasionally check Training and WWII Photos. It is a growing history of the 517.

Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Recent website additions:
A Tribute to Aimé Léocard
more of Odas Sweet, H Company
Lucky Hiers bio
New 517th Guestbook!
Ernest Morrison and Bill Lewis, HQ/2

Keith Hobson

I received a call from Lancaster, Pa.  Last evening and am sorry to report that a good soldier and great friend, Robert N. (snitz) Snyder from Hq Co, 517 PRCT passed away Feb. 27.  He fought a long and valiant battle with the big "C"
                                                                                   Keith Hobson

                                         hobby380@aol.com

J. Michael & Eric, Airborne Museum Le Muy France.

From Le Muy France
We are so sad to hear that George Ross passed away, we met him at several reunions with his F co buddy, please transmit our sincere condolences to his family. George always host a special place in our hearts.
warmest regards, J. Michael & Eric, Airborne Museum Le Muy France.
jimi-lizy@infonie.fr

Bob Barrett

As you know, I added a page fro Aime Leocard in the Meet the Troopers section of the web site.

            http://www.517prct.org/bios/aime_leocard/aime_leocard.htm

But that only has a few comments about him received after his death.  I tried to find information in the history and old MailCalls about his background and connection to the 517th, but did not find anything.  I think he was a French “freedom fighter” in the war, but I don’t know any more, and don’t know how he became such a friend of the 517th.  I wonder if someone from can give me a little more about him.

 Bob Barrett

Bob Barrett

 Thank you, Gilles.  I added the YouTube videos onto the page with your
photos from August 2006:

http://www.517prct.org/photos/guignard/reenactors_aug_2006.htm

Regards,

Bob Barrett