From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:47 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1281 517TH PRCT-MARCH 6, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS

 .Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2
Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form
Recent website additions:
A Tribute to Aimé Léocard
more of Odas Sweet, H Company
Lucky Hiers bio
New 517th Guestbook!
Ernest Morrison and Bill Lewis, HQ/2

Bob Barrett

Dad,

I did find one small mention of Aime Leocard on the web, from 1999.  This was a decree from the French Ministry of Defense, awarding special status to a number of French fighters from WWII.  Here is a rough translation:

Ministry for defense By Presidential decree of the Republic dated December 8, 1999, taken on the report/ratio of the Prime Minister and the Minister for defense and concerned for its execution by the large chancellor of the Legion of honor, considering the declaration of the council of the bearing dated October 7, 1999 order that the present concessions of the military decoration are made in conformity of the laws, decrees and payments in force, the military personnel not belonging to the regular army indicated hereafter is decorated with the military decoration:

ARMY
Léocard (Aime, Sebastien), June 26, 1925, soldier, infantry.

I do not understand what specific "military decoration" he was awarded.  But  I believe what this says is that these people, including Aime, were being awarded recognition as an official member of the French Army infantry, although he was not officially an enlisted member of the military at the time of the war.  Maybe our French friends can do a better translation.

        http://www.admi.net/jo/19991210/DEFM9902008D.html

Bob

Tom McAvoy

Ben  you ask about Aime Leocard    Our friends at the  Le Muy  museum  can fill you in on anything and everything about him,  I know he was a School  Teacher in France  Tom  McAvoy

J. Michael & Eric, Airborne Museum Le Muy France.
dear Ben,
We are working on Aimé Leocard Story and try several times to have information from his family without success, I will check on the french local resistance president and promise to do the best, with his modesty he never talk a lot about him, but we were very impressed of all the military medals displayed on the funeral. including the "medaille militaire" which is awarded to a soldier for a very special action in combat. (approx US silver star)
with this mail a photo of george ross (F Co.) at Bismarck reunion.

Jerry Wolford

Cut & paste this one.                                                                                                                                                                     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/517th_Parachute_Infantry_Regiment
We have it on our website and Bob updates it. - Ben

Bob Lyman

Looking through the photos that were put online, I was particularly interested in the one photo sent in by Frank Ramos, titled Paratrooper Training, Fort Benning 1943. The paratrooper, second to the left, looks like my brother, Richard Lynam. I did not know whether he knew the names of the paratroopers in the photo or if anyone else did. I would be interested to know if this is him.

Bob Lynam