From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 10:18 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1333 517TH PRCT-JUNE 7, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

 You must send in registration to the Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. for the reunion. Hotel reservations are separate.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 .    Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Bob Cooper

Dear Ben:
Mail Call 1332 is inspiring I am going to read General Dwight D Eisenhower (IKE) D Day Message at my next Meeting of the Central Indiana Chapter 47 Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge and also President Franklin D Roosevelt's  D Day Prayer

President Robert R Cooper

Bob Barrett
 A few interesting comments have been added to the Melvin Biddle story on MSNBC:

 http://dailynightly.msnbc.com/2007/06/medal_of_honor__1.html

JOE CALDER

BEN

Reference Chester A. Wells site.  Jim Bennett and I were the original
Platoon Leaders of the 2nd Platoon of "H" Company.  I moved to the 3rd
Battalion Staff just before we departed the US.  If I am not mistaken
Chester  became a Staff Sergeant and I have a picture of he and I taken
in Bergstein just before we pulled out.  If Rhonda will send me her
address I will have a copy made and send it to her.  The 2nd Platoon were
a great " Band of Brothers"   I kept contact with Lubic for many years

Diane Bush Steckler

HI,
I just came from the WWll Museum in New Orleans. There's special events for
today - June 6. Can anyone tell me where the 517th was at this time? My father
was in Headquarters Company. Thank you,
Diane Bush Steckler

Thank you so much. He was in Headquarters Company maybe 2nd Battalion. Yes,
his name is Coy F. Bush. He died in 1976.
Take care,
Diane

He was in 1st battalion. - Ben

 Mary Jane

Hi Ben,

If you get the Ledger, there was a nice article on page one about a resident of Weymouth (I think) who was part of the 101st airborne at Omaha Beach. His assignment was to jump into the enemy territory which he did with three pigeons to use for communication purposes in case the radios failed. More than 40% who jumped with him were killed or wounded by German fire during the actual jump. His parachute was riddled with bullets but he was unharmed.

 He eventually ended up in Belgium and was a part of the Battle of the Bulge also!

 I must also tell you that, at my workplace, every guest during the day must be signed in and given a security badge. Whenever I was doing it and input the date, I said, 6/6/07…it’s D Day. I was pleasantly surprised at how many people said Oh yes, that’s right.

At least they still know what it is!!!

Again, from all of us who live free today and enjoy this beautiful country because of the sacrifices and bravery of those of you who served in that amazing time in history, we thank you.

All the best,

Mary Jane

 Guest book entry June 7, 2007

Name: Fred Plassman