From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:19 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1450 517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 13, 2007

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com    http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,,

Several people have sent us the story about Starbucks and Oscar Meyer refusing request
from the troops in Iraq. The story is ridiculous and not true. However ,it reminds me of the  packet of Geo. Washington instant coffee  and a small can of cold beans from the K rations that we enjoyed during the Bulge.

 Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL
Jan 20-24, 2008

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

The 551st Attack on Trois Ponts, 2-7 Jan 1945
River Crossing and Attack at La Roquette, 27-28 August 1944
Howard B. Goodman, Service Company

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Rick Sweet

Also I would like to send Howard Hensleigh a personal E-mail if that would be okay, so if possible could you send me his E-mail address ??

Besides that, How are you? I am hoping to see you at the next reunion and have a chance to sit down and talk a while with you. At the Washington reunion you were a busy man and didn't have hardly a minute to spare. On eBay recently, after the patch sold, I was able to win Lt Richard Spencer's set of poker chips and playing cards. They look like they had been used so you guys must of had a little down time on occasion. I was happy to win them. I think about how cold it was for the 517th about this time of year, just before the Bulge, and the things that my dad and the rest of you men suffered through. My dad was in H co with you and he was wounded on January the 6th. Is there any way of finding out where H company was on that day or seeing a casualty report with my dads name on it? ( Odas Sweet ). I was told by my Mother that most of H co had been " wiped out " that day.  I would also like to know just how many survived . I think it was either Jay Suttcliffe or Bob Dodds that told me that there were only 8 men or so that were left out of H co. I didn't want to take that as gospel unless I heard that from someone who was there. Well Ben, that's about all I've got for now. I appreciate you and thank God that we won that war . Merry Christmas to you and your family and I wish you a long healthy life. God Bless you Ben.

Rick Sweet

H Co was in Bergeval, Belgium on January 6, 1944 - Ben

Fritz Crytzer

Does anyone out there have any pictures of my father, or any remembrances.  Fritz Crytzer

Ira Crytzer, or maybe "Fritz" Crytzer.  He was in I Company.  He spoke about Toccoa, Southern France,, Germany, and Italy.  I need to know about my father.  I need to know about what he did not talk about.  Does anyone out there have any pictures, stories, lies or truths about my father?  Please contact me at:
                       Fritz Crytzer
                       1209 Highway 342
                      Pontotoc, Mississippi 38863

                      e-mail:  fcrytzer@hughes.net
                      Phone :  (662) 489-7806
                      Cell Phone: (662) 419-7807
Virginia Jorgen

 Ben, I thought this was really neat.  Virginia

We have had this in Mail Call several times. Most recently in No. 1444. Here in New England we are well aware of it and it was on national TV last week.-Ben

CHRISTMAS AT ARLINGTON CEMETERY

I had never heard of this. I have only visited in the summer months. I wonder why the press hasn't enlightened the public about it

  Arlington National Cemetery

Rest easy, sleep well my brothers.

Know the line has held, your job is done.

Rest easy, sleep well.

Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.

Peace, peace, and farewell...

Readers may be interested to know that these wreaths -- some 5,000 -- are donated by the Worcester Wreath Co. of Harrington, Maine. The owner, Merrill Worcester, not only provides the wreaths, but covers the trucking expense as well. He's done this since 1992. A wonderful guy. Also, most years, groups of Maine school kids combine an educational trip to DC with this event to help out. Making this even more remarkable is the fact that Harrington is in one the poorest parts of the state.

Please share this with everyone on your address list. You hear too much about the bad things people do. Everyone should hear about this.

Jay Sutcliff

Hi Ben,

Could you please give this message to Clare Mitacek Erber, in the photos that Bob had posted for me on the 517 Website is Clare’s father’s signature.  I was hoping that she could go through the pictures I sent and hopefully identify her father.  There is one photo in the 517 Website of Mr. Mitacek that Mr. Doty sent in.

 Thanks for everything

Jay

Lory Curtis

Ben,
Today is my Dad's birthday, he is 83.  He lives in California, of which I just visited him last week.  He is in good spirits, but I know he misses being with fellow 517th troopers.  Anyway I told him it was a high temperature of 30 degrees here in Salt Lake City.  I asked him if he would like to camp out in my backyard in the snow to remind him of his time at the Battle of the Bulge.  He laughed and said no thanks.  My silly comment brought him back to when all of you were at the Battle of the Bulge and how cold it was.  I can never comprehend what all of you had to go through, but on this cold chilly day here in Utah, I remember your sacrifices for me and all generations as I celebrate my Dad's birthday.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Battle of The Bulge

Mailer-Dameon  Mail Call 1449

<jcollins910@earthlink.net>

... while talking to mx.vgs.untd.com.:

denied...
<acdoty@netzero.com>,<marvrick13@juno.com>,<twalsh@juno.com>,<wwyatt7@netzero.net>,<jgdavis101@netzero.com>,<joscalder@juno.com>,<narmand@netzero.net>... Deferred: Connection reset by mx.dca.untd.com.
... while talking to mx4.earthlink.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<jcollins910@earthlink.net>
<<< 550 jcollins910@earthlink.net...User unknown
550 <jcollins910@earthlink.net>... User unknown
451 <steve517@markleweb.com>... reply: read error from markleweb.com.
<steve517@markleweb.com>... Deferred: Illegal seek
<emarkle@markleweb.com>... Deferred

No 1450

The following problems occurred while processing your request:

Blchestnut - This member's mailbox is full.

Your mail has not been sent.  Please correct the problems listed and try again.