From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:16 PM
To: rachelmcampos@yahoo.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1857- 517TH PRCT- AUGUST 29,2009

May send out another Mail Call later today.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

 Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Photos from Europe trip 2009

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

 Irma and Arnold Targnion and members of CADUSA

Dear Ben, dear friends of the 517th, dear families,
Thank you so much for your visit in Trois-Ponts and area, we are so grateful for all you did for us in the past and this summer as you came in Europe for this 65th anniversary of the Liberation and the Battle of the Bulge. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for this wonderful Certificate of Appreciation; you are really fantastic, we ought to honor you, we shall never forget your sacrifices and the price of our Liberty and you presented this very special award ! How can we express our feeling of gratitude ? come back soon, all of you and your families are welcome at any time. Thanks for the "Thunderbolt". Our Love to you. Irma and Arnold Targnion and members of CADUSA (I send a few photos)
Irma, Arnold, Maria, CADUSA and Eddy Monfort were among the early friends of the 517th PRCT and some have honored us with their presence at many past reunions.
Eddy Monfort and the towns people greeted us August 9 upon our arrival in Manhay and we soon met the Mayor and many friends from the area.

Irma made arrangements  for us  to visit Manhay, Trois Ponts,  Bergeval, Henri-Chappelle Cemetery and any other places that we wanted to see.

We will soon be getting anecdotes from members of our travel group who can describe them much better than I can.-Ben