From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:06 PM
To: EDLINK74@aol.com; PBarrett@alumni.bates.edu
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1862 -517TH PRCT-SEPTEMBER 3,2009

 We have many photos from our visit to Belgium and France. Besides links , I will place the more interesting ones in Mail Calls from time to time.

 Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,  Albany 12203

Photos from Europe trip 2009

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

More photos from Europe trip 2009

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Téléchargements récents(Tout afficher)
Patricia et Roland a ajouté 100 photos dans l'album libération Cannes 2009.
2 sept. 2009 10:21:52

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=orengosospel&target=PHOTO&id=5376879769002422882&aid=5376879757600181905&feat=content_notification http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=orengosospel&target=PHOTO&id=5376879792057522802&aid=5376879757600181905&feat=content_notification http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=orengosospel&target=PHOTO&id=5376879807899641714&aid=5376879757600181905&feat=content_notification http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=orengosospel&target=PHOTO&id=5376879825962024242&aid=5376879757600181905&feat=content_notification http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=orengosospel&target=PHOTO&id=5376879847523591522&aid=5376879757600181905&feat=content_notification
Annuler votre abonnement à ces notifications.
2 sept. 2009 18:42:58

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=orengosospel&target=PHOTO&id=5376880824043356034&aid=5376879757600181905&feat=content_notification
Annuler votre abonnement à ces notifications.

Pascal Martini - French friend

Hello Ben,

thank you for your answer to my email

It's with pleasure that I would like to receive your Mail Calls. I already read back Mail Calls files. It's very interesting, your site too

If you are ok, I can send you; other photos to the 65th anniversary of liberation of Le Muy.

Have you some photos of you dating the WW2 and Merle Mc Morrow, Gene Frice, Allan Johnson, Léo Dean and the rest of the group present to the 65th anniversary of liberation of Le Muy ?
Thank you very much

Pascal

Nicolas Arnulf

Hi !

Please, be advised I’m organizing (as “maritim-alps-officer” of Forty Four Memories reenactment club), a reenactment week end in order to celebrate Col de Braus fights, during those 517th PRCT “brave men” died.

This event will take place from September 18th to 20th. Following program :

18th to 19th night on “Hill 1040” position, participants will sleep in fox holes still visible, equipments, rations and so on… 100% reenactment.

19th day : walk toward Tête de la Lavina (in remember of the attack which took place on September 18th 1944 on this position)

Drill’s instruction and squad on fight’s training and evolution, hand signals’ training, and so on…

19th to 20th night in south-east Ridge X fox hole

September 20th : Ceremony on Tête de la Lavina in remember of fights victim soldiers.

Please, be advised I’ve invited our friend Roland ORENGO to Sunday ceremony. Everything that happened on “L’Escarène – Sospel” area has always been organized together and with friendship.

We hope veterans will know about what we’re organizing on September 19th to 20th and would be more than delighted this event be sponsored by your association, so it could be official ceremony of 65th anniversary of col de Braus fights.

Thanks,

Nicolas ARNULF - “Forty Four Memories”

L’Escarène – Maritim Alps

Ray Estrella

Thank you so much for the great pictures taken on the Europe trip Ben. My wife and I regretted not being able to go with you and  the rest of the 517th family. Fate had other plans for us.  We  are happy that everybody made it back home safe and sound. Take good care of yourself. -- Ray Estrella

Morris McDowell

Ben,

 I was talking to Lt. Ed Athey, ‘H’ company 1st platoon, who told me a very interesting story about his Dragoon invasion. As some of you know, his plane crashed on takeoff from Orbatello airfield ( near Rome) on August 15, 1944. He and Sgt. Harmon and my Cousin Layton Pippin got all the men out of the burning plane safely. Fred Harmon, Layton, and several others were injured and could not make the invasion that night, but Lt. Athey asked an American Born Japanese officer who was waiting for the C47’s to return so that his men could be towed in gliders to the LZ’s. Lt. Athey had about 6 or 8 men that were uninjured. The Japanese American officer said the men could ride one man per glider. Lt. Athey ended up riding in a jeep along with the Japanese officer and landed safely in Southern France. So, none of these men jumped, after taking all the practice jumps, they never made a combat jump. The Japanese soldier I think was part of the 82nd Airborne. I thought this was a very unique story, Morris McDowell

Merle Traver

1/2 Man...1/2 Boy--The American Soldier | The Next Right