From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:33 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com; webmaster@14cav.org
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1048- 517TH PRCT- DECEMBER 29,2009

 http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Florida Mini Reunion
January 16 - 20, 2010

Location:  Ramada Gateway Hotel
                  Kissimmee, Fl  34747
                  Reservations:  1-800-272-6232
                                             www.ramadagateway.com
Contact:   Leila Webb
                  4155 Kissimmee Park Road

                  St. Cloud, FL  34772
                   407-892-3595

Registration fee:  $40.00    More information Mail Call No 1916

Len Kneale

Hi Ben,
Thank you for the mention of James Victor Quarante passing on Thanksgiving. My wife "Wanda Quarante Kneale" of Castro Valley, Calif. is Vic's oldest daughter. He also has two other daughters Lynda Keen of Jamestown, Ca. and Vikki Ghafari of Moraga Calif. His son James lives in Newark, Calif.

Vic has 9 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.

On Christmas day we had approx. 40 members of the family over for dinner and we held a memorial for Vic. His grand daughter Sahra wrote a short biography of Vic a couple of years ago, he really enjoyed it when she interviewed him for this. Vikki read the bio and there weren't many dry eyes in the house. We're sure Vic was there with us and his spirit I know will be felt by all of us especially at Christmas, as this was his favorite holiday. He was devoted to his wife Patricia who passed 3 1/2 yrs. ago. and his children and grand children and great grand children. All of his children spoke at the memorial and talked about their dad, and the joyous times that were had at their house. He would call all of the kids at 5:00 a.m. every Christmas morning to make sure everyone was awake and ready to bring the kids to their house to start the day.

We will all miss him, and look forward to seeing him when our time comes.

Thank you again for all that you do for the hero's of this country.

Sincerely,

Len Kneale

Michael Wells

Hello to all the 517th members, Auxiliary, European friends and those that peruse this website!  I hope that Christmas was good for you and that 2010 will be a great year for making great memories.

Just a note to let folks know that there have been conversations going on about the possibility of a National Reunion for 2010.  More to come on this topic after the holidays are over.

Wanted to give a public THANK YOU to Wade Gilbert (IAVI) for making the 517th Video available to so many.  I am sending a copy to each of my sisters; who are spread from the Bahamas to Washington state!  Couldn't think of a better gift!

Last but not least, certainly a heartfelt THANKS to you, Ben, and to Bob, for the work you do to keep this website current and a VERY valuable source of information for persons looking for information about the 517th in particularly and WWII in general.

I will be updating my step-father's (Chester A. Wells) information shortly; to include new information and information about letters he sent home.

May God Bless!

Michael Wells
Aux. Pres.
Hello!