From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 7:59 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1952- 517TH PRCT- January 4, 2010

 http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

 Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Floyd A. Stott, I Company bio

Gen. Frederick and Col. Graves

NY Times Newspaper clippings, 1945-46

To the Ardennes - Life magazine photo, 1944

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Battalion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

Florida Mini Reunion
January 16 - 20, 2010

Location:  Ramada Gateway Hotel
                  Kissimmee, Fl  34747
                  Reservations:  1-800-272-6232
                                             www.ramadagateway.com
Contact:   Leila Webb
                  4155 Kissimmee Park Road

                  St. Cloud, FL  34772
                   407-892-3595

Registration fee:  $40.00    More information Mail Call No 1916

Patricia and Roland

Hi Ben,
this afternoon, Marcel Marx gave pics to Roland. Included one for the mail call !!
Marcel Marx wishes you (517th PRCT) an Happy New Year.

Patou and Roland
Sospel, France

Ben,
i forgot to include the pic !!!
oups ....
here it is.
Patricia

Michael Jean Soldi

MES MEILLEURS VOEUX POUR LA NOUVELLE ANNEE 2010 MES AMIS

I WHISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 MY DEAR FRIEND
JEAN MICHEL SOLDI
FRANCE

Tom Copsey

For Mike Wells - Hey Mike let me know if/how I can help on the Morning Reports.

Happy belated New Years to all the Troopers and their Families!

God Bless

TC

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

I was watching TV about 3 a.m. and there was a documentary on the 10th Mountain Division which is the ski unit in WWII that I asked you about.  I think Senator Bob Dole was in that unit from what I could pick up or a relative (as usual I could be confused).

I thought it was interesting since I had asked you about it a little over a month ago.  Apparently one of the members of the 10th Mountain Division founded Vail area for skiing and also built the first large tram going up to 10,500 feet for skiing after WWII.

I just thought I would let you know what I saw.

I hope all is well with you.

Chris

Bob Dole was a much decorated Lieutenant in the 10th Mountain Division and was severely wounded .- Ben

 Walter Smith

snopes.com: Shifty Powers