From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 7:59 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1956 - 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 9, 2009

 http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

Just trying to get up to date with mail. Sure to have missed some. Send again.

Received many Christmas cards. Unable to send any.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Floyd A. Stott, I Company bio

Gen. Frederick and Col. Graves

NY Times Newspaper clippings, 1945-46

To the Ardennes - Life magazine photo, 1944

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Battalion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

Florida Mini Reunion
January 16 - 20, 2010

Location:  Ramada Gateway Hotel
                  Kissimmee, Fl  34747
                  Reservations:  1-800-272-6232
                                             www.ramadagateway.com
Contact:   Leila Webb
                  4155 Kissimmee Park Road

                  St. Cloud, FL  34772
                   407-892-3595

Registration fee:  $40.00    More information Mail Call No 1916

Marie Rommel
Ben:
Today I received a letter from JB Walton's wife Orene. 517-F Co.  She wrote me that JB had a stroke and is now in the Veterans Home with the possibility of never coming home.
It happened on Christmas and his right side was effected. He has regained some of his strength but is still not able to take care of himself.
I am sure the F Co. men would like to know and perhaps send him a card of encouragement.

JB Walton
Thompson-Hood Veterans Center
Washington Unit
100 Veterans Drive
Wilmore, Kentucky  40390
                                                      Marie Rommel

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

Well I finally got back to San Antonio (no red I for me just a real long lay over in Salt Lake City---YOU MUST BE EXHAUSTED !!!!!!)

Not that my opinion matters much but I totally agree with you on the location for a National Reunion.  The problem I see after hosting a reunion is that it is getting very late to get the details done prior to July 2010.  I am sure who ever takes on this job understands that.

FYI---I have finally made my flights for the mini reunion and I am now going to get my hotel reservations.

I also need to call Leo about skydiving with him and Hal but it looks like they will be going on  Sunday and I do not get into Florida until 1:00 p.m. on Sunday so it looks as though I will have to miss the jump which ofcourse I would like to do but time is against my side.

See you all soon.

Chris

Eddy Lamberty

ON BEHALF OF THE C-47 CLUB ARDENNES SALM RIVER CHAPTER
WE WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW
YEAR 2010
Eddy Lamberty
Avenue Joseph Lejeune 45
B-4980 Trois-Ponts

Michael Wells
Ben:
Thought some of the folks that receive MailCall might be interested in this activity.  The web page is interesting.

BATTLE OF THE BULGE  at FORT INDIANTOWN GAP, PA
65th Commemoration is January 26th
thru January 31st, 2010
" Have you HUGGED a WWII Veteran TODAY "

http://www.wwiifederation.org/index.html

I hadn't heard of this commemoration and found it while perusing some other website.  It sounds like an interesting activity; one website said that this activity is Sold Out.  Has anybody out there participated or visited this commemoration before?

Michael Wells, Aux Pres

Doug Dillard
THANKS EDDY...I TO JOIN YOU IN WISHING ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

DOUG DILLARD

ON BEHALF OF THE MUSEUM OF ENNAL AND ALL THE MEMBERS
 WE WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY
NEW YEAR 2010!

Ennal Museum