From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:03 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1958 -517TH PRCT- JANUARY 11, 2010

 http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

additions:

Recent website additions:

Kenneth Goodbrake, Reg. HQ, Demo Platoon

Floyd A. Stott, I Company bio

Gen. Frederick and Col. Graves

NY Times Newspaper clippings, 1945-46

To the Ardennes - Life magazine photo, 1944

Florida Mini Reunion
January 16 - 20, 2010

Location:  Ram
ada Gateway Hotel
            Kissimmee, Fl  34747
                  Reservations:  1-800-272-6232
              www.ramadagateway.com
Contact:   Leila Webb
                  4155 Kissimmee Park Road

St. Cloud, FL  34772
       407-892-3595

Registration fee:  $40.00    More information Mail Call No 1916

Bob Barrett

From: john goodbrake [mailto:john.goodbrake@hotmail.fr]

http://www.517prct.org/photos/photos.htm

Bob Barrett

Dad,

Yesterday in the mail, I received a book from Trois Ponts, sent to you:

Un Mois en Enfer

La Bataille des Ardennes, en Province de Luxembourg

Les derniers survivants témoignent

Translation:

A Month in Hell

The Battle of the Bulge in Luxembourg Province

The last surviving witnesses

 It includes day by day first-hand accounts from 1944, by some of the citizens and soldiers.  The book, of course, is in French.

 Included with the book is a note and cards from Pol Lacaille, the Alderman from Trois Ponts, and Jean-Pol Antoine, the Community Secretary:

It’s snowing this morning like ’44.  We do remember…

It was terrible for you, it was freedom for us.  See you again!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year,

 Jean-Pol Antoine

Pol Lacaille

 I will drop it off for you when I drop by, probably when you get back from Florida.

 Bob

Rick Sweet

Hello everyone,
           I agree with Phil McSpadden! I also would like to see the National reunions continue. I don't agree with having them at the same place every year. I like seeing some place different and as Mr Howard Hensleigh said, for me it is like a family vacation!
I enjoy meeting the rest of the 517th families and getting to know them. Just my two cents worth! Nothing wrong with Kansas, I have never been west of the Mississippi river except for the St Louis reunion and I drove by myself from the Cincinnati area. I also drove to Washington D.C. with my wife and daughter. That was my first reunion and I have been hooked ever since. For those who have never been to a reunion because you don't know anyone, that will change once you go! I understand that it is getting harder for the soldiers of the 517th because of health reasons etc, it is hard for me too for the same reasons but somehow it is worth it to get to see you all, spend time with you and talk with you one more time. I can't host a reunion for the same health reasons but would if I could! If we never have another one , I am glad that I got to attend at least those two and feel sorry for those that were indecisive and have never been to a reunion. They missed out on something wonderful and fun and possibly making new friends, as I have! Carry on!

son of a buzzard

Rick Sweet

Billie Hiers

Hi Ben:  Do you have your ear muffs on?

Briefly:  Lucky and I vote for the St. Louis area, but we're flexible as to whatever the final decision will be for a National Reunion.

Trust you're going to sit around the fireplace for a bit and rest.  God Bless You!
Billie Hiers

Don Sliker

You absolutely must take time to watch this video from beginning to end.  I guarantee that this phenomenal young man will help you appreciate and enjoy this wonderful day !!

                               Click Below !!