From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:03 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1961 -517TH PRCT- JANUARY 26, 2010

 http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Kenneth Goodbrake, Reg. HQ, Demo Platoon
Floyd A. Stott, I Company bio
Gen. Frederick and Col. Graves
NY Times Newspaper clippings, 1945-46
To the Ardennes - Life magazine photo, 1944
Claire Giblin

Hi, Ben -

Wade and Jennifer at IAVI are wrapping up shipping raw interviews, and Jennifer contacted me regarding Brian Welborn's interview.  Sadly, both Brian and Dixie Welborn died shortly after the Salt Lake City reunion.

Does anyone know if they have children who would like the interview?  Please let me know at clairejgib@comcast.net, or email Jennifer at JenniferF@iavi.com.

Thank you all -

Claire Giblin

Mike Wells
Ben:
I'd like to solicit assistance from MailCall readers who would be interested in transcribing G Co. and I Co. Morning Report information from microfilm copies to a spread sheet.  It is exhausting work; copies can be very hard to read.  But, the information is very valuable for those looking for information on family members who served with the 517th.

Those interested may contact me at:
Wells_860@msn.com  (There is an "underline" between Wells and 860; Wells_860)

Thanks!

Mike Wells

Tom McAvoy
We never carried that stuff, as far as I know, but I was a lowly PFC and I was with the 517 from Toccoa Ga  to The jump into France, Tom McAvoy
                                           ***********
Tom is referring to Vic Wright's request. Mail Call 1960-Ben
Howard Hensleigh

Phil,  You asked about the French forts that were part of the French Maginot (sp?) line of defense facing Italy.  You sent a picture of one to Ben along with the ones of Scrappy Stewart and me.  The way the paper was folded this one came through.  Inked at the bottom  is "Boyer and Russ".  Chuck Boyer was one of my S-2 men and Russ Miller from Iowa U was in B Co., first Bn.  They are standing in one of the openings to a huge complex for troops and artillery in a shaft that ran all the way through the mountain.  I took this picture after we had taken the forts and surrounding ridges and mountains from the French or west (safe from enemy artillery fire) side of the mountain.

Trust you had a pleasant and safe trip back to Denver.  Best regards,  Howard Hensleigh

Phil McSpadden

am typing this with nly one ey, so forgive any mistakes.

after four doctors became concerned with a sty-like growth that had been on the lright lower eye lid right next to my nose, I had it removed today.....went in a 7:45, had my friend Rick McIntyre pick me up at 10:30.

By 12:30 I can remove the bandages from my eye and start putting cold compresses on the eye for 20 minutes, then freezing the eye patch for 40 minutes, then repeating the process for the next 3 days all t he time I'm awake.  The pain in starting to come into the eye, so fortunately they gave me some pain pills as well as some antibiotics.

The doctor said everything went well, but I was asleep ()but didn't know it!!) while this was done, and felt nothing.....until now!

So, all is well that ends well, and I'll get to start golfing again a week from today.!!

Visited with my WWII airborne buddies all day yesterday before I picked up my daughter Maya at 10PM....leaving the reunion, got lost, drove about 20 miles toward Miami before I could turn around and get back, and Maya's plane came in early and she was fraantic that I wasn't there, but we finally met up at the baggage claim.  Got home about 11:30 and she was pooped, having left Calif afternnon on Friday, spending the night in Reno, driving to Park City, UT on Saturday, unpacking, repacking and grabbing a plane on Sunday to get here.

After dropping me off at the surgery center, she went on to start her 5-week internship with a Dr Cai here in the villages, and I won't see her until tonight to see how she fared.

All for now...just to up[-date you all.

love, phil

Irma and Arnold Targnion

Church of St Jacques - Maria GASPAR is welcoming the Assembly. The flowers on the altar come from the gift of Mrs Barbara FEY - JOHNSON;
Le message est prêt à être envoyé avec le fichier suivant ou les liens joints :
janvier 2010 005

  Bob Dalrymple

Dear Ben : For Matt Akers; I am the former Commander of the 596th Engrs . What is your connection with the 596th ? What  do you plan to "enact " ? Thanks . R W Dalrymple

AMITIE JEAN MICHEL ET ERIC

 Have a break, WWII was also the good time of the Andrews Sisters.. Enjoy It!
Warmest regards
Mickael and Eric. le MUY Airborne Museum France

FAITES UNE PAUSE, LA LIBERATION C'ETAIS AUSSI LE BON TEMPS DES ANDREWS SISTERS.. REGALEZ VOUS!
AMITIE JEAN MICHEL ET ERIC