From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:41 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1962- 517TH PRCT- JANUAY 28, 2010

 http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

IMPORTANT  Have you receive recent Mail Calls? If not please let me know. AOL problem.Click on Archives www.517prct.org/archives to read past Mail Calls
Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Kenneth Goodbrake, Reg. HQ, Demo Platoon
Floyd A. Stott, I Company bio
Gen. Frederick and Col. Graves
NY Times Newspaper clippings, 1945-46
To the Ardennes - Life magazine photo, 1944
Darrell Egner

I just got of the phone with Irene Povich and she told me that Sam was in a bad accident on January 12 and is still in the hospital with serious injuries.  Most of you that were at the Florida Mini knew about the accident but at the time Irene asked that we not inform the 517 family.  Irene does not use the computer so please send a Get Well card if you wish.  Her address is as follows:   915 Orchard Drive
                     Fayetteville, NC  28303

Some one ran a red light at a intersection and broad sided Sam just a few blocks from their house.  A friend saw the accident and called Irene and told her that there had been a accident so she rushed there before they cut Sam out of his car.  She passed out and in falling she fractured her ankle.  I am told Sam is still in a lot of pain however he is doing therapy twice a day and still giving the hospital staff orders.  You just can't take the Sargent out of him.

We all missed the stories Sam told at the Mini for many years but a good friend of his took up where Sam left off.  John McDaniel kept us entertained with fresh stories.  We will be looking forward to seeing Irene and Sam at the Mini next January 2011.

Darrell
Egner

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

This is BIG D EGNER navigating the 3 Musketeers to the jump site. You will see  Big D Egner in charge of the cameras prior to the jump. You will also see Leo, Hal & I in the plane prior to me jumping.

Hal & Leo------I want my wings before making 5 jumps!!!!! Hahaha

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message: